I want a "sort of new" laptop.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
There's a new version of this HP laptop $20 bucks cheaper and with a faster CPU. $279 at costco . Walmart has what looks like the same thing with a different model number at the same price. I've had the "old" model Fenderman recommended for 2 months and it's already obsolete! I still have nothing but praise for it. A real steal IMO.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a new version of this HP laptop $20 bucks cheaper and with a faster CPU. $279 at costco . Walmart has what looks like the same thing with a different model number at the same price. I've had the "old" model Fenderman recommended for 2 months and it's already obsolete! I still have nothing but praise for it. A real steal IMO.
If you are really inching for the 10th gen processor, you can still return the old one :). You have 90 days. Doubt you could feel any difference.
Note the walmart model is inferior, it has a 720p display and no backlit keyboard.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Although I added more RAM and a bigger SSD to the one I got, probably pushing the total price up to where I may well have found a similar deal all at once, I'm still loving this thing, and very happy with the purchase. I like the high resolution screen, and love that it has the backlit keyboard. I'm often surfing on it while watching TV. And with my old laptop, I had to turn on an overhead lamp to see the keyboard. Plus, this thing is very light weight and cool-running. It doesn't smash my privates and cook them like a panini press the way the old beast did. I usually placed a small board under the old laptop and my lap to assure that its cooling vents were not blocked the way they most certainly will be by one's clothing when actually using a laptop on one's lap. The whole thing was rather inconvenient to use by comparison.