I want to INTENTIONALLY delay the video feed

guapo131

n3wb
Reaction score
In my upstairs office, we will hear the ding from the downstairs front doorbell when someone walks in, then immediately look over to the Blue Iris screen (separate computer in corner of room) to see who it was that came inside. However, usually the person in the video has moved beyond the view of the camera by that point. If there was a 1-2 second delay on the live video feed (user selectable), that would be great. Is there a setting for this in the BI software somewhere?

I know it's weird, that I'm asking for what is essentially poorer performance. But in this use-case, I'm probably not the only person who uses BI video feeds this way.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In my upstairs office, we will hear the ding from the downstairs front doorbell when someone walks in, then immediately look over to the Blue Iris screen (separate computer in corner of room) to see who it was that came inside. However, usually the person in the video has moved beyond the view of the camera by that point. If there was a 1-2 second delay on the live video feed (user selectable), that would be great. Is there a setting for this in the BI software somewhere?

I know it's weird, that I'm asking for what is essentially poorer performance. But in this use-case, I'm probably not the only person who uses BI video feeds this way.
Video tab>delay. Note this will only delay video not audio.