I was able to acquire 3 x Axis 3006-V and 2 x M1054's yesterday...

Reaction score
took 4 hours just to see livestream image on Blue Iris :) Updated firmware to the latest greatest. Couldn't figure out the correct URL for RTSP using the standard Dahua camera menu options. Model was not listed in the configure/make & model (ended up using M/P/Q series H.264) Finally, from some vague mention of Axis no likey Intel HW decoding here on IPCT ( Hardware Acceleration with Axis Cameras ), I set decoding to 'no' for the Axis 3006-V and the RTSP stream came right up. Oddly, M1054 is instead set to 'default' and still streams. Both receive buffers are set to 20mb (per advice in other postings). Find/Inspect only set the camera's to Generic ONVIF which didn't do much good.
This 3006-V is a 3MP no-infrared dome camera you see in retail stores. Not sure why there were 2 x M1054's in there. They seem kind of like...doorbell or front door cameras. Only 720p at that.
Since no night vision, I'll be setting these 3 3006-V's into my woodworking shop (above table saw looking down, same for planer/jointer, same for Roubo workbench). Not sure what to do with the M1054's. Wonder if they can be used for front door cam's. One on each side :)
m3006-v.pngdownload (1).jpg

Reaction score
I gotta say... Axis default settings compared to Dahua camera default settings (I have yet to really dig down and tinker with all the options of either camera yet)... the Axis looks really grainy/noisy. Axis is 3MP. Dahua 5221 is 2MP. The Dahua, even at standard default settings, is crisp. The Axis has that color grain/noise that is noticeable. Might be something with the encoding or the need to tinker with the setttings.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have worked with those, they are Axis low end, make sure you enable WDR in them, it makes a big difference, other than that you have a basic cam with minimal functions.

Reaction score
forgot to mention... free :)
even if low end, with enough light source material, they should do the job of recording building/constructing/accidents in the woodshop. consider them....spare camera's to fill up space :)

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
forgot to mention... free :)
even if low end, with enough light source material, they should do the job of recording building/constructing/accidents in the woodshop. consider them....spare camera's to fill up space :)
I would definitely find a space for then too.

Reaction score
surprised they are low end considering the price tags as compared to Dahua cams. I usually install these models 3rd party for places like JCpenny and such for sales floor monitoring. Tis a corporate decision, not mine.
Chris...ever dabble with the M1054's? couldn't image what they are actually used for.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
surprised they are low end considering the price tags. I usually install these models 3rd party for places like JCpenny and such for sales floor monitoring. Tis a corporate decision, not mine.
Chris...ever dabble with the M1054's? couldn't image what they are actually used for.
The domes seem to have a focus problem, seems every one of them is blurry on the outer edges, The people who installed them got kicked out of one of our secure facilities buildings and I inherited the system, They are running on a S1048 MKII server, M1054's nada , Looks like they have a pir sensor and led, be fun to play with but for real world I would have no idea.

Reaction score
Gots all 3 x 3006's operational and tuned up for Garage wood working shop duties. Pretty sure I have them focused (manual focusing...grrr). Wanted to capture the critical spots in the shop around machines with spinning blades. These guys do not have night vision but that's ok as don't think I'll be doing anything with 7000rpm blades in the dark :) My main reason for these 3 cams in the shop is to catch when (if) I have any accidents and to possibly do time-lapse video of a start-to-finish woodworking project. I may toss in a Dahua 2MP starlight in the mix just for 24hour security purposes (gots over $10k of stuff in here).
CPU (i7-4770) usage is upto around 40% with the total of 6 Dahua cams and 3 Axis cams. Not shabby. Just installed my 8TB Purple so now can do continuous recording.
Cam10.jpgCam11.jpgCam12.jpg

Reaction score
it kindly reminded me to clean and organize my workshop before snowfall starts coming around. That's what I've done all day. Just don't let Looney see this mess

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
it kindly reminded me to clean and organize my workshop before snowfall starts coming around. That's what I've done all day. Just don't let Looney see this mess
My Garage has STUFF also, I usually douche it out 2 times a year complete but in between it can get a bit overrun, as long as the boss can park her car in it, its all good.

Reaction score
I did remove these 3 Axxis camera's. I guess since not "H" in the codec, really shot up my CPU usage up to near 50-60%. Swapped in 2 x 8MP Dahua 2831's for the night vision benefit as well.

Reaction score
Do you want to sell the Axis M1054, they look basically like the Dahua cube cams? I see they are 720p but I still have some low resolution situations (like catfood feeder cam) that it would probably still be adequate for my purposes.