I'd like a Hikvision with 2 way audio that has offers 3+ MP....any recommendations?

nevian

n3wb
Reaction score
TWO WAY audio....not just microphone

nevian

n3wb
Reaction score
i'm new to the camera world...you may be right. i'll look into it

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No you don't, you want a 2mp dahua starlight turret
Given that it doesn't do 2 way audio it seems it isn't going to need the op's needs. I'm interested in a camera that does 2way audio as well for use at my front door.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

nevian

n3wb
Reaction score
i'm looking at this now for comparison:

Dahua IP Camera IPC-HDBW4431R-AS 4MP Network Dome Camera H.265 IR PoE Support Audio & Alarm 2.8mm Lens

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Given that it doesn't do 2 way audio it seems it isn't going to need the op's needs. I'm interested in a camera that does 2way audio as well for use at my front door.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I meant bullet

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
2-way audio is not full duplex; you can talk or you can listen but you cant do both..

You need a VoIP camera to talk to someone at the front door; and honestly.. every single one of em sucks; and this capability is a total gimmick your never gonna use.. so just forget about it.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I personally don't want to really to anyone at the door, record video and audio? Sure, talk to them? Noooo, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I dunno about you but the only people that come to my door I don't even want in my yard.

Tygunn

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
2-way audio is not full duplex; you can talk or you can listen but you cant do both..

You need a VoIP camera to talk to someone at the front door; and honestly.. every single one of em sucks; and this capability is a total gimmick your never gonna use.. so just forget about it.
I feel like there is are pretty compelling use-cases to be able to talk to someone at the front-door.
1. I'm at home, its late at night and the doorbell rings. I'd much prefer to talk to them without having the door opened.
2. I'm not at work and someone rings the doorbell (e.g. package delivery) and I want to coordinate them dropping the item in the garage (which I'd like to be able to open remotely with my smartthings automation).
3. I'm not at home and someone starts ringing the doorbell to case the joint for a break-in. I've been home at night when someone did this when I was younger and naively decided not to answer the door thinking it was the neighborhood drunk wanting to share his latest woes -- narrowly averted a home invasion there by turning on the light and scaring the thief off. In any case, the thief rang the doorbell incessantly to see if anyone was home. If someone had responded on an intercom at the door, I feel that at the very least you'd put the seed in the thief's mind that someone is home and cause them to bolt or make up an excuse.

Do you think a non-integrated doorbell intercom like the Ring is a better solution? Perhaps paired with a high quality camera to record people's face at the door?

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This forum is waaayy over
No you don't, you want a 2mp dahua starlight turret
This forum is waaayy over selling the dahua starlight !!! Is it a good camera yes! I have 2 of them. However every Single time someone ask for camera recommendations someone has to say dahua starlight. Their are tons of great cameras on the market use them !!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
This forum is waaayy over

This forum is waaayy over selling the dahua starlight !!! Is it a good camera yes! I have 2 of them. However every Single time someone ask for camera recommendations someone has to say dahua starlight. Their are tons of great cameras on the market use them !!
I remember when it was the hikvision 3mp cams, now this is the best thing in that range, next month it could be something else, I've not seen someone show comparison with something for less than $200 that comes close, why use stuff that's not as good?

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also, tell us what you suggest? :)

It depends on what the person it looking to do .. sorry but it get old when the only response is starlight !!!!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
You can buy foscam if you like lol these are the best bang for the buck right now, it's just a fact

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like there is are pretty compelling use-cases to be able to talk to someone at the front-door.
1. I'm at home, its late at night and the doorbell rings. I'd much prefer to talk to them without having the door opened.
2. I'm not at work and someone rings the doorbell (e.g. package delivery) and I want to coordinate them dropping the item in the garage (which I'd like to be able to open remotely with my smartthings automation).
3. I'm not at home and someone starts ringing the doorbell to case the joint for a break-in. I've been home at night when someone did this when I was younger and naively decided not to answer the door thinking it was the neighborhood drunk wanting to share his latest woes -- narrowly averted a home invasion there by turning on the light and scaring the thief off. In any case, the thief rang the doorbell incessantly to see if anyone was home. If someone had responded on an intercom at the door, I feel that at the very least you'd put the seed in the thief's mind that someone is home and cause them to bolt or make up an excuse.

Do you think a non-integrated doorbell intercom like the Ring is a better solution? Perhaps paired with a high quality camera to record people's face at the door?
1 & 2, you presume someone will always ring door bell? Ive got a doorbell, its a 50/50 chance if the'll drop the package and knock, drop the package, ring the doorbell, or sometimes they just drop the package and dont do anything.. they also wont wait for you to answer your phone, let alone for your garage door opening.

3. If a normal residential house was talking to me through a doorbell intercom; I would automatically assume the house was empty once you hung up knock a few times then kick in the door.

You should tlak to some people who've actually tried to use these things in production; the perfect world you imagine in your head dont exist.. put a fixed camera at your front door recording audio, your wasting your time and using inferior equipment to get a featue thats IS worthless..

just like all the whole home intercoms that were installed in the 90's, and were never used and eventully had to be yanked out and replaced.. its a gimmick for suckers with too much money.