I'd like a Hikvision with 2 way audio that has offers 3+ MP....any recommendations?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what specific instructions? "Fuck off and go away?" dont not answering the door also imply the same message?

Your camera cant sign for packages, pay for pizza, or even respond to someone who simply knocks on the door and dont see or care about the doorbell.. its a gimmick if your sacrificing quality/performance in exchange for a feature that's much less valuable and almost never utilized.

nevian

n3wb
Reaction score
what specific instructions? "Fuck off and go away?" dont not answering the door also imply the same message?

Your camera cant sign for packages, pay for pizza, or even respond to someone who simply knocks on the door and dont see or care about the doorbell.. its a gimmick if your sacrificing quality/performance in exchange for a feature that's much less valuable and almost never utilized.
few examples of actual use cases:
1. salvation army came to pick up boxes at my door and i spoke to them (ring.com) to make sure and sign all the pages of itemized donations
2. water guy keeps leaving too many jugs despite the note i left on door; i spoke to him when he arrived via the ring.com and told him i didn't need the 3 jugs he was leaving ...only need 1
3. a neighbor rang my doorbell at around 1am and i answered via my phone while in bed and asked if i could help him (i didn't recognize this neighbor) and he told me my garage door was open
4. some kids were at my door one day and i also asked them if i could help them (i was at work) and they ran off

these were actual cases...not that it's the most important feature in the world but i'd rather have it than not for my front door. in any case, if someone is asking for a recommendation for a camera that has this feature it's really that person's choice whether it's useful or not, don't you think? i get that maybe it's not useful as far as you're concerned but it could be for someone else.

thanks

nevian

n3wb
Reaction score
so i do have hikvision cameras and would like to do a compare with the dahua starlight. where can i purchase this dahua starlight cam?