Ideas?

jreding

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have recently purchased a Dahua NVR with a 4TB HDD in it, not exactly sure what brand the drive is because I haven't opened it...YET :) But I have a couple questions perhaps the people in the forum can help me with.

How about using an SSD in the NVR? I am thinking speed might improve?
When I open up the six cameras using the main stream the computer I am using almost locks up to view using the PSS program, my cameras are 4 and 8MP.
I hear a lot about Blue iris. Is that a substitute for the Dahua PSS?

Thanks in advance for your time and input.

John R. (jr)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I have recently purchased a Dahua NVR with a 4TB HDD in it, not exactly sure what brand the drive is because I haven't opened it...YET :) But I have a couple questions perhaps the people in the forum can help me with.

When I open up the six cameras using the main stream the computer I am using almost locks up to view using the PSS program, my cameras are 4 and 8MP.

John R. (jr)
Blue iris is a substitute for the entire nvr.

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the Dahua menu you can find out the "incoming bandwidth" of your camera feeds. It will be helpful information, along with the specific model of NVR. Another factor is the processing power of the computer you're using SmartPSS on... it can load up even a decent system. Lastly, is your network wired and in good shape?

I think it's unlikely that the HDD is the bottleneck.

Cheers, Steve

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

John R. (jr)
Hi John @jeding

What model NVR do you have?