identical camera with identical settings inconsistency image quality.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Both are DS-2CD2032-I purchased from the same supplier at the same time same firmware 5.2.0 mounting at the same general area regardless the time of day, the side camera always seems washed and the color appears to be incorrect. I played with various settings and can't get it to satisfactory. I understand that the direction of the sunlight has a lot to do with it but the driveway camera is clearer regardless of the time of the day.

Do i have a faulty camera? Below are screen shots of the camera having 100% identical settings.
side

Driveway

Attachments

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm saying, I triple checked all settings

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like the saturation is much higher on the second camera..try increasing it one the first....there have been threads in the past where the image looks different with similar settings...yours seems more drastic though..

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
tried it both ways nothing helps. I've actually been playing with this issue for months now. Perhaps a factory reset?

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi .. Not much help, I know.. but I have the exact same thing happening with the same cameras. It seems like a white-balance problem, triggered by the amount of sunlight, and huge amount of GREEN in the picture (grass in our cases).

When the sun is high, and lots of green grass... it goes to that pink cast.
When the sun is low angled (morning, evening).. color cast is normal.

In the winter/late autumn when the grass is brown, no pink tint.

Here's the scene around 9AM... low angle sun... normal color balance.

Same scene, around 4pm.. high angle sun. Pink color cast...

Attachments

Reaction score
What is your WDR settings? Try disabling them for both. The level of WDR needed will be different for every situation. Your driveway seems pretty well shaded, whereas your front yard is full of light. Having the same settings would not necessarily give you the best results. You need to customize the image settings for each situation.

If you play around with the settings and still are not satisfied, try swapping the two cameras. If the driveway is now washed out, regardless of the settings, then its probably an issue with the camera.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had several similar cases in my daily experience where the IRCut filter of Hik cameras does not work properly. There're two scenarios:

1. IRC filter is stuck in "ON" position. The result: Perfect picture during the day, while at night the picture is very noisy, almost unusable.
2. IRC filter is stuck in "Off" position. The result: Perfect night picture, while at day the colors are "washed out", and a little bit shifted.

Your case could be the second one. However, try if possible to cover the lens with a hand or cloth to force the camera to go in a night mode, and try to hear the "clicking" sound when IRC filter moves. If the camera goes in night mode with no sound, most probably that's your case.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks to me to be what others are already saying. If you look at the OPs first picture, there is a wall on the left that is over saturated leading me to believe that this camera may have too much WDR for that camera at that time of day causing it to be washed out looking.

OP - I think in this case you are going to have different settings for each camera in your install based on lighting and surround objects reflecting and the sort. Play with the setting for the yard cam only at this point until you are happy with it.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's a photo where both side are getting shades... I'll see if I can remember to do some night shots tonight, but notice how the lawn photo looks almost foggy in a way?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmm, can you tell me if this image looks better? It does to me but I'm just making sure I'm not crazy... came out with a ladder was going to factory reset it, noticed that the stucco chip on that wall was repaired by the contractor recently but they didn't tell me, lens had a few specs of dust so I decided just to wipe it down a little and checked my phone, the fogginess seems to have improved.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks a little better to me, but it has also moved to the right some too. Could have been the change in angle that helped a bit.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yah I took your suggestion regarding that column, no point of looking at it so I moved the camera slightly right to avoid pointing at it so it' snot absorbing any reflection of the sunlight. There are no sun pointing at it now but it will definitely help later in the afternoon.

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks a bit better.. but I still see that overall pink hue.
Something to do with all the green I still say.. for whatever reason.