IDMSS set up issues

intime

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a home CCTV system that I can access whilst at home via the IDMSS software on IOS, the issue is accessing the CCTV whilst not at home using my home WIFI.
What do I need to change in my settings when setting up in the device manager please?
Thank you in advance

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using a VPN? Or port forwarding? (likely the latter, which isnt secure but alas..)

The IP address of you NVR will be different on wifi on your home network vs remote. The IP address will be that which your internet provider assigns.

Go to https://whatismyipaddress.com/ that will give you your external IP address.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
just change the IP Address with the external IP address provided by whatismyipaddress (as stated by bigredfish). Remember you need to port forward the tcp port 37777 (if still dahua default) in your router (google how-to depending in your particular router). Sometimes, your ISP provider may block your external public ip address for a private IP, in order to charge extra for remote accessing. If in doubt, please call your ISP provider

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
just change the IP Address with the external IP address provided by whatismyipaddress (as stated by bigredfish). Remember you need to port forward the tcp port 37777 (if still dahua default) in your router (google how-to depending in your particular router). Sometimes, your ISP provider may block your external public ip address for a private IP, in order to charge extra for remote accessing. If in doubt, please call your ISP provider
DON'T forward ports. How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) | IP Cam Talk

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Understand looney2ns, my explanation was only as a quick testing for intime, checking if the system could be remotely access. Even the public ip could change. Thanks for the info.