I'm losing my mind

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using BI for 3 or 4 years now.

I have 14 cameras in my system. Yesterday I was browsing through them trying to find video of a beaver that ruined one of my trees (yes, a beaver! - I'm beginning to really hate nature).

I normally have up a view of all 14 cameras with the clip viewer on the right (in console). Now I have one camera up in live view and I cannot, for the life of me, get back to the original all camera view. I can't even get to a 'different' camera - I'm somehow stuck on a live view of only one of them.

Any help would be appreciated - screen cap here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/k87siu3damwzq5a/stuck.png?dl=0

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Are the cameras hidden? Right click in a black area next to the feed and check those options out.

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't see the camera controls in your example. That is where I can change the layout. Can you do it by looking under layout when you right click and bring up the menu?

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
sorry for the delay responding - my hot water tank blew up and I spent the day getting a replacement and installing it.

To answer your question - if I click on layout I get the 1:1 to 9:1 choices but nothing changes when I select any of them. Same for the 1up through 4 up. Nothing changes no matter what I select under that menu

This is really strange - I'm getting close to saving my config file and reinstalling

mark

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
sorry for the delay responding - my hot water tank blew up and I spent the day getting a replacement and installing it.

To answer your question - if I click on layout I get the 1:1 to 9:1 choices but nothing changes when I select any of them. Same for the 1up through 4 up. Nothing changes no matter what I select under that menu

This is really strange - I'm getting close to saving my config file and reinstalling

mark
Did you accidentally put the cameras in a desktop frame? if you set blue iris to always be on top you may not notice this..
Also did you try mike's suggestion? Right click and select show hidden cameras.
If you want to do a teamviewer session I can try to see what is going on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been trying to replicate your issue.
I think this is it, right click on a black portion if the screen and "enable ptz controls" and make sure "all cameras" are selected from the dropdown on the left AND make sure you dont have show selected camera enabled - its the leftmost icon under the dropdown

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been trying to replicate your issue.
I think this is it, right click on a black portion if the screen and "enable ptz controls" and make sure "all cameras" are selected from the dropdown on the left AND make sure you dont have show selected camera enabled - its the leftmost icon under the dropdown
Bingo!

Thanks ever so much. I've had such a crappy day. First I had beavers eat the new cedar trees I planted, then my hot water tank blew up, and meanwhile my BI was making me crazy. I have hot water again - I'll put wire around what's left of my cedars and thankfully BI is all good again.

Much appreciated!

mark