Image cycles from clear to blurry about every two seconds. DS-2CD2041G1

Calvinder

n3wb
Reaction score
This is only on one of my DS-2CD2041G1-IDW1 cameras.
It just started doing this with out any changes in the settings.
All three cameras are configured exactly the same. I even imported settings.
I have tried restoring it to factory settings with no luck.
Some times if I try to fix it by changing a configuration setting the problem goes away but comes back in about 2 or three minutes.
Any ideas?

Also this is how all my video clips from my cameras or nvr start you have to go into the video a few seconds sorry.
View attachment Test.mp4

usm

n3wb
Reaction score
maybe this post can be helpful
PULSATING IMAGE
On some occasions you may notice that the video from your camera has a rhythmic, faint noise pulsation. This is because of the nature of h264/h265 codec. These codecs are InterFrame codecs, which means that only I-frames carry full information about the scene, while between these I-frames the encoding scheme only keeps the information of changes between frames. If you compare I-frame to any frame between I-frames (so called b-frames) you'll notice I-frame is sharper, with more detail while b-frames are less detailed. If you set Bit Rate to lower value, these I-frames will stand out in video. In Dahua cameras the shortest interval between I-frames is 1 second. So if you have a framerate of 30fps, the lowest value you can set for I-frame interval is 30. In such case the pulsation will take place every second. If you set 60, the pulsation will show every 2 seconds. Setting long I-frame interval will save a little bit space on your hard drive/card but also will cause more degradation to the video quality.

Calvinder

n3wb
Reaction score
maybe this post can be helpful
Wow thanks for that. Very interesting I had no idea about a couple of those points.
But the thing I can't figure out is why does only this camera have this problem when all the cameras are set up identical.
Even if I restore it to factory it runs fine for a wile then starts doing this again. Or if I make a change to something to try to fix it some times I think I have it but after a few minutes the problem is back.

Calvinder

n3wb
Reaction score
Another discovery It only does this if motion detection is enabled.
If I watch live view or playback the video is fine. As soon as I enable motion detection it is bad.
This is with all settings in factory mode.

Edit: also it is bad only when the motion is in the selected areas.

Last edited: