Image Format

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am running a number of IdeaNext 1700 series IP cameras - 720P and 1080P. On BI, some of them are showing the correct Image Format on the video tab. For example, 1280 x 720. However, three of the 720 cameras are showing 640 x 360 on Image Format and one of the 1080 cameras is showing 640 x 380.

I've looked at the IdeaNext setup of the cameras which shows that there are three settings for each camera "First Stream" "Second Stream" and "Third Stream"

So I'm guessing that some of the cameras are picking up the second stream settings, rather than the First Stream. Any ideas how I get them to select the first stream, which I assume would provide us with a better picture? :confused:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am running a number of IdeaNext 1700 series IP cameras - 720P and 1080P. On BI, some of them are showing the correct Image Format on the video tab. For example, 1280 x 720. However, three of the 720 cameras are showing 640 x 360 on Image Format and one of the 1080 cameras is showing 640 x 380.

I've looked at the IdeaNext setup of the cameras which shows that there are three settings for each camera "First Stream" "Second Stream" and "Third Stream"

So I'm guessing that some of the cameras are picking up the second stream settings, rather than the First Stream. Any ideas how I get them to select the first stream, which I assume would provide us with a better picture? :confused:
you likely incorrectly selected camera 2,3 etc from the camera no box, it should always be set to 1.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've checked them and they are all set to 1
Then you must be pulling the substream based on the URL itself make sure you select the proper camera from the drop-down or use Find inspect

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Then you must be pulling the substream based on the URL itself make sure you select the proper camera from the drop-down or use Find inspect
The dropdown didn't have our make of camera (typical!), but the manufacturers website said to use a Wansview camera and stated the setting. I'll take another look.

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The dropdown didn't have our make of camera (typical!), but the manufacturers website said to use a Wansview camera and stated the setting. I'll take another look.
I couldn't get any of the cameras identified on Find inspect. Thinking I'm doing something basically wrong?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I couldn't get any of the cameras identified on Find inspect. Thinking I'm doing something basically wrong?
Find inspect will only work with certain cameras and onvif compatible cameras. There is a sticky in the troubleshooting section that explains how to find the correct URL 4 cameras not on the drop-down list

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Find inspect will only work with certain cameras and onvif compatible cameras. There is a sticky in the troubleshooting section that explains how to find the correct URL 4 cameras not on the drop-down list
Great thanks. I will give it ago tomorrow. Have a happy new year x

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've managed to solve this :) In case this helps others, this is the process I followed:

I deleted the cameras from BI, rebooted the cameras themselves and added them as new cameras one by one and left the default as ch0. I think the key to get them working on this occasion (when it hadn't worked before) was to use a new short name - although I had deleted the cameras previously, I was using the same short name and I think that was causing problems. I also saved those settings before going back in to the cameras to make changes to triggers etc.