Image issue

LSCC

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having this problem on Hikvison and Axis cameras has anyone got any idea what is causing this it happens to anything that moves in the image

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Increase your receive buffer to 20, and in the camera match the iframe interval to fps... What version of blue iris ?

LSCC

n3wb
Reaction score
in the camera match the iframe interval to fps...
Where do I find the iframe interval? I have just spent the last hour looking.

Also can I change the receive buffer on mass?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I set the iframe from the camera software, it's called "Key Frame Interval" in my particular brand. For buffer it is in Blue Iris camera properties (for each camera) "video" tab, click on "Configure" in the middle right across from network ip, then in the middle right area is receive buffer.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You will see this "ghosting" effect if BI misses or drops an I frame. An I frame contains the entire image, while the P frames that are sent between I frames contain only what has changed since the last frame sent.

In my experience, the most common issue that causes frames to be lost (or perhaps discarded) is when BI expects a particular FPS from the camera, but the camera settings have it sending a video stream with a higher frame rate. So if BI has the camera settings configured for a Frame Rate of 20, and to "Adjust automatically", but the camera is set with a Frame Rate of 30, BI will have to try to adjust to this higher frame rate. In this scenario, I think BI tends to drop a few frames, and if one of those is an I frame, you will see the ghosting effect.

My preference is to set BI to expect a slightly higher frame rate than what the camera is sending. I like to set the camera to a frame rate of 20, and then in BI, set the frame rate for the video stream to 22.5.

Reactions: Wen