Image missing from push notification

thedcdude

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
When a camera triggers, I get a push notification to my iPhone. Lately the snap shot of what triggered the camera that used to come along with the push notification has been missing. But occassionaly I will get an image. I've made no changes to BI or to my router, everything else works as expected. The only thing I've tried doing to fix it is to reset my router. Any ideas will be appreciated.

thedcdude

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I deleted the app, reinstalled it and that fixed it.
Funny I wrote BI tech support about this and they were not helpful.
Thanks again.

thedcdude

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess I spoke too soon. It worked fine at first, but then went back to push notifications with no image. I suppose I can live with it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
When a camera triggers, I get a push notification to my iPhone. Lately the snap shot of what triggered the camera that used to come along with the push notification has been missing. But occassionaly I will get an image. I've made no changes to BI or to my router, everything else works as expected. The only thing I've tried doing to fix it is to reset my router. Any ideas will be appreciated.
What version of BI are you using?
Some of the version's released in the past two weeks has had this problem.

thedcdude

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi looney2ns,
I am under the service contract and every day I check and download the latest update. I still have the old version 4 installed. I’ll try running that and see if anything changes. The thing that puzzles me the most is every once in a while a notification will Have a snapshot attached to it.
Thanks.

thedcdude

n3wb
Reaction score
All right fenderman I went back to the last stable version available and that has been working for a couple of hours. From now on I won’t be so quick to update. Thanks for your help and thanks to everyone who responded.

dchaos

n3wb
Reaction score
Last update this works for me is 5.2.7.12, anything beyond that I get the intermittent images for notifications as well, even with the latest stable release it's doing it, 5.2.9.23.

Reaction score
I was on 5.2.7.12 and had issues with BI.exe crashing but had push notifications working with pictures. I upgraded and it resolved my crashing issues but push is not working.

dchaos

n3wb
Reaction score
It has become intermittent again now. Very odd behavior, still on 5.2.9.23.

bean1981

n3wb
Reaction score
I have followed this thread and reverted to 5.2.6.5... It has fixed my intermittent missing push images.... However this release does not include any of the Sub Stream options. Does anyone know if there is a newer version that has fixed the the missing push images and also includes the sub stream goodness? If not, will this information be included on the release notes when it is addressed? Thanks

dchaos

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm still having intermittent issues regardless of any new releases. Don't quite understand and haven't heard anything back from support about it.

bean1981

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the update dchaos. I sent my support request about it three weeks ago without a word back too. I'm just happy to find out its not something specific to my setup! The randomness of the problem is what is so baffling. I can understand Broken/Not Broken but this is like all the parts come together to work every so often then don't again.

dchaos

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been emailing with Ken to try to narrow this down, but since I've re-installed 5.3.0.3 several times originally it was still not working, but now for the last couple days after the last re-install the push notifications are working fine.

dchaos

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, nevermind. Just started to not work again, I changed nothing.

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have an iphone so i have never gotten any image with a push notification.. so i just done get one

I can recieve one through txt alert, however they are anywhere from 5-15seconds delayed.. whereas the push is 1-3 second delay

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck troubleshooting this? I've gone through the updates until latest in an attempt to resolve but still receiving sporadic images within push notifications. Confirmed web server settings etc. I've also noticed notifications take longer to come through (LAN or VPN access).