Images from TVI system very choppy

ilan1h2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The DVR is a TVST STI708. I followed many of the instructions listed above. I still cannot get the menu options out of the camera's image. Currently it looks like this. I tried fiddling with the PTZ panel as seen on the right but nothing I press there is actually doing anything. FWIW my system does not have ptz cameras. Incidentally, my intention was not to scrounge for free advice on this forum. I would be very happy to pay someone (eg:by Paypal) to remotely connect to my system (using Teamviewer or anything similar) and to completely tweak all the settings that need to be done. I realize that an expert could do this in half an hour whereas I could spend days learning the system. You can send me a pm. sec cam.pngptz.png

Last edited by a moderator:

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The DVR is a TVST STI708. I followed many of the instructions listed above. I still cannot get the menu options out of the camera's image. Currently it looks like this. I tried fiddling with the PTZ panel as seen on the right but nothing I press there is actually doing anything. FWIW my system does not have ptz cameras. Incidentally, my intention was not to scrounge for free advice on this forum. I would be very happy to pay someone (eg:by Paypal) to remotely connect to my system (using Teamviewer or anything similar) and to completely tweak all the settings that need to be done. I realize that an expert could do this in half an hour whereas I could spend days learning the system. You can send me a pm. View attachment 8371View attachment 8374

I don't believe that menu is from a Hikvision turbo hd camera. I have most of the variations and none of the OSD look like that. Can you show me what the camera looks like?

With Hikvision cameras you can use the ptz control of the dvr to remotely access the camera menu, even though the camera is not ptz. I suspect these cameras/dvr do not support this and the menu must be closed by an osd controller which is likely on one of the cables coming out of the camera. You could also try powering off the cameras and turning them back on. The menu is not normally shown unless it is accessed after powerup.

ilan1h2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Listed as "HT-TVI (2MP) Eyeball camera w/fixed lens and 24 IR LED. TVI, 1/2.8"MP sensor, 3.6mm fixed, True Day and Night (ICR), DNR, UTC, dual output (HD-TVI and CVBS). The box does not say hikvision ("outdoor IR camera HD-TVI 1080P 2MP DC12V 3.6mm NTSC, Model:SSE-648-2M). I can take a picture of one of the cameras.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Listed as "HT-TVI (2MP) Eyeball camera w/fixed lens and 24 IR LED. TVI, 1/2.8"MP sensor, 3.6mm fixed, True Day and Night (ICR), DNR, UTC, dual output (HD-TVI and CVBS). The box does not say hikvision ("outdoor IR camera HD-TVI 1080P 2MP DC12V 3.6mm NTSC, Model:SSE-648-2M). I can take a picture of one of the cameras.
UTC = Up the Coax so you should be able to move the PTZ interface to control the camera's menu, here is what the PTZ menu looks like on the web interface.

Capture.JPG

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UTC = Up the Coax so you should be able to move the PTZ interface to control the camera's menu, here is what the PTZ menu looks like on the web interface.

View attachment 8385
UTC means it can be controlled by UTC controller (or it might have one built in on cable with the connectors) but for ptz control, I think its only if DVR and cameras match. The DVR interface looks like a rebranded hikvision but the cameras are not.

ilan1h2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible that I have some kind of system whereby any changes to the camera have to be made at the level of the camera and not on the software? I noticed that when I look behind the camera there is a little plastic widget attached to the cables that has a depressable button on it. Perhaps all the adjustments have to come from there?? If so, I don't really know how to do it.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible that I have some kind of system whereby any changes to the camera have to be made at the level of the camera and not on the software? I noticed that when I look behind the camera there is a little plastic widget attached to the cables that has a depressable button on it. Perhaps all the adjustments have to come from there?? If so, I don't really know how to do it.
Most likely the button is a little joystick, press to select and up/down/left/right to navigate. Have you tried restarting the cameras first? Menu should disappear then, the camera should really have a menu timeout though.