Images pixelating badly on iPad app

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Happy New Year!

When I opened the app on my iPad today the images are really unclear and pixelating badly. The cameras on the PC are all fine. The only difference today was I applied the software update to BI this morning. Could this cause these problems or any idea what maybe causing it and how I could resolve it? Thanks in advance x

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Check webserver bitrate settings and webserver profile the app is using

timpetty84

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue here. Happened immediately after the update. No settings have changed on bitrate or webserver

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
email support. in the interim roll back to a previous version..always update from the website you you have prior update files available..

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
email support. in the interim roll back to a previous version..always update from the website you you have prior update files available..
I have sent an email to BI Support. Sorry to sound stupid, but how do I roll back to a previous version and where is the best location to get the files? I looked on the BI site, but I could only see legacy versions on there.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have sent an email to BI Support. Sorry to sound stupid, but how do I roll back to a previous version and where is the best location to get the files? I looked on the BI site, but I could only see legacy versions on there.
Simply run an older update file..You won't find it in the site... That is why all your updates should be manual..
Disable auto update..

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Simply run an older update file..You won't find it in the site... That is why all your updates should be manual..
Disable auto update..
Thanks, I have turned it off. I don't think I have an older update file. I was running an evaluation copy for a few days until I purchased a license last week, so I've only got that file I think.

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can run your old full install file
I am running the original file (v 4.4.9.4) through the install wizard. I select modify and then when I load BI again, it's still showing version 4.4.9.5 on the about screen and not the previous version I installed, which I believe was 4.4.9.4

Last edited:

timpetty84

n3wb
Reaction score
If I reinstall I will lose all the settings on all my cameras including boundaries, alerts etc. correct?

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Export your settings from the Options first page. Install the original version and import your saved settings.

timpetty84

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much. Just don't want to spend hours re-doing what has taken months to fine tune. Am I correct when I import I do it right below the export button. The one that says "Import v4.reg"?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much. Just don't want to spend hours re-doing what has taken months to fine tune. Am I correct when I import I do it right below the export button. The one that says "Import v4.reg"?
yes, make sure you have your license key.

timpetty84

n3wb
Reaction score
So sorry. You all have been so helpful. Hopefully final question. I don't have the original install file. When I download from the website it doesn't show the version. Am I safe to assume what I download will be the updated version that I don't want?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So sorry. You all have been so helpful. Hopefully final question. I don't have the original install file. When I download from the website it doesn't show the version. Am I safe to assume what I download will be the updated version that I don't want?
yes you will....I would suggest simply waiting for an update which will likely be very soon..or you can search the site, there are older updates posted to drop box by users.

timpetty84

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you again fenderman. Very much appreciated. I was kind of hoping/assuming there would be a patch to fix this as soon as BI became aware of it with enough people running into this issue. I will wait it out. Still by FAR the best program for my needs out there. Still works beautifully on the PC. So I will have the clear video if necessary. GREAT customer support!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you again fenderman. Very much appreciated. I was kind of hoping/assuming there would be a patch to fix this as soon as BI became aware of it with enough people running into this issue. I will wait it out. Still by FAR the best program for my needs out there. Still works beautifully on the PC. So I will have the clear video if necessary. GREAT customer support!
Blue iris is developed by a single person. Yes one guy. His response to bugs is generally within a few hours. Way faster than ANY software developer I have ever seen. In the future, follow the advice above and you will easily be able to revert back.

Kayfersmum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like I'm still having problems today. Going to see if I can roll back to previous version.

I'm new to this software, so would it best to wait a few days to see if a fix comes out or should I try reinstalling the software again (not sure I've got the previous file)?

In future I will follow your advice @fenderman with regard to updates. Thanks for your ongoing support x

Last edited:

kevinduke

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this issue on 4.4.9.5. Downgraded back to 4.4.9.3 and issue has disappeared

I have also emailed support.

rubb3rtoe

n3wb
Reaction score
Just for the record I to now suffer from the macro blocking issue on my iOS devices after upgrading. I'll be looking to downgrade or a fix..