Imou Ranger 2: Access via ONVIF

Reaction score
edit: Just found out you can also login with that user/pass using Onvif DM
How did you get this to work?
I was able to get the rtsp link working but ODM keeps saying Sender not authorized.
I tried both the security code on the sticker and the device password set in the app.
Is there something else that I need to do?

Mikypan81

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. Can you help me to configure my ranger2 with my Qnap???

I've downloaded and installed surveillance station on qnap, clicked on add a cam, search (onvif) and he discovered my cam, then I've tried to configure my cam using port 80, rtps 554 and insert username admin and my login password (that I use in the IMOU APP from my iphone).
When I click on test he says "Connect failed. ID user or password not valid".
Can you help me?

revio

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. Can you help me to configure my ranger2 with my Qnap???

I've downloaded and installed surveillance station on qnap, clicked on add a cam, search (onvif) and he discovered my cam, then I've tried to configure my cam using port 80, rtps 554 and insert username admin and my login password (that I use in the IMOU APP from my iphone).
When I click on test he says "Connect failed. ID user or password not valid".
Can you help me?
You need to set password, under the cam, SAFETY -CODE ........ but i'm blocked with port in the same page, when i clicked on TEST , i got message 'Failed to connect ip invalid' but it's the correct ip, because it's works with rtsp.........

Work in progress

firsway

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to set password, under the cam, SAFETY -CODE ........ but i'm blocked with port in the same page, when i clicked on TEST , i got message 'Failed to connect ip invalid' but it's the correct ip, because it's works with rtsp.........

Work in progress
I've got the RTSP side of things working quite happily with BI, the string "rtsp:/admin:<safety-code>@<ip>/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif" works just fine, but no such luck with the PTZ. If anyone figures this out, would be very grateful if they could let me know!

Reaction score
Thank you. I'll check out the tools you have used. I bravely took the cam apart last night to take a look. Lots of fragile plastic tabs to unlock, had to be careful.

It's based on the chip HiSilicon Hi3516. There appears to be what looks like uart pads on the PCB. When my soldering iron is repaired, I'll give it a go.
View attachment 49854View attachment 49855View attachment 49853View attachment 49854View attachment 49855
Hello, how have you remove the top of cam, i try to dismount it because night vision is hs.
Regards

stepenraj

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll check out the tools you have used. I bravely took the cam apart last night to take a look. Lots of fragile plastic tabs to unlock, had to be careful.

It's based on the chip HiSilicon Hi3516. There appears to be what looks like uart pads on the PCB. When my soldering iron is repaired, I'll give it a go.
View attachment 49854View attachment 49855View attachment 49853View attachment 49854View attachment 49855

Hi friends the stepper motor become faulty in my IMOU Ranger camera. now camera not rotating.... i want replacement stepper motor of this camera. can anyone share the link where can i buy this parts in india

abazuu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, May I ask how did you find camera's IP? My camera is connected via WIFI, it works just ok! But i dont find it's IP anywhere, not on router site, not on fing app on my phone :/

hai.le.phg

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to add the Ranger 2 to Surveillance station on my Synology 918+, but no luck. I've tried Generic onvif, generic dahua etc. Anyone managed to get it setup in Surveillance station?
Mine works via ethernet cable. Synology 920+ found it on ONVIF.

lsfranc0

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, i got today a Ranger 2 (A1) and got ONVIF working, but...push to talk is available but doenst work "talking failed". I also have an Tapo TPLink C200 in same situation, ONVIF OK but no talk to camera available...anyone with this function? By the way, how to disable the watermark and date/time?!?!

EDIT: By the way, how to disable the watermark and date/time?!?!
I tried do download app called "ConfigTool Mobile" and it can disable date and time and IMOU letters and can change other settings and check open ports or default ports for Ranger 2! Better than the default IMOU app!!!

Last edited:

Galaxy Explorer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying to add the Ranger 2 to Surveillance station on my Synology 918+, but no luck. I've tried Generic onvif, generic dahua etc. Anyone managed to get it setup in Surveillance station?
Set encoding format to H264 using the ConfigTool and then it should connect using port 80.

skjom

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm guessing this wouldn't work using tinycam app on Android ?

Vinterlord

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, for anyone struggling with adding imou ranger 2 cams into synology surveillance station or into any other survellance onvif-based tools: you have to download "Dahua ConfigTool" on a computer placed in the same network as the cam (it's a tool for editing parameters of imou cams). Open it and under system settings you should see the imou cam, click on it and login into the cam by using the credentials written in the label of the cam.
Change the video codec from h265 to h264 and save. After that open port 80 on the router to the cam. Now the cam can accept all remote onvif-based connections and you will be able to add it into dsm surveillance stations for example.

If your surveillance tool is installed on a machine that is inside the same network as the cam, then there is no problem. When the surveillance tool and the cam are on different networks and you want to reach the cam remotely through onvif, then you have to do this trick,

Hope this helps.

hfish

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

I have tried the suggested addresses on vlc, but with no luck :/
rtsp://admin:XXX@192.168.1.45:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

What should I check?

lsfranc0

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

I have tried the suggested addresses on vlc, but with no luck :/
rtsp:/admin:XXX@192.168.1.45:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

What should I check?
Open port on your router...and check with Onvif Device Manager.
Or with Android, IPCamViewer and check for Onvif.

Look this configuration for an IPC-A42-B-BF11:
Screenshot_20230414-201248_IP Cam Viewer.jpg

hfish

n3wb
Reaction score
I was finally able to understand the issue

RTSP and RTP requests must be tunneled via HTTP in VLC, otherwise it won't work

agrogers

n3wb
Reaction score
you have to download "Dahua ConfigTool" on a computer placed in the same network as the cam
I think what you meant was the computer and camera need to be on the same subnet. My network range is 192.168.0.x through to 192.168.5.x. My camera was on the 192.168.5 subnet and my PC was on the 192.168.1 subnet. This meant all the tools for configuring failed to connect to the camera. Also, it is not possible to ping the device.

What was confusing though was that some apps were able to find the camera on the other subnet. That made me think the subnet was not an issue. Thanks for this tip... it got me heading down the right path eventually.

freemanfx

n3wb
Reaction score
I think what you meant was the computer and camera need to be on the same subnet. My network range is 192.168.0.x through to 192.168.5.x. My camera was on the 192.168.5 subnet and my PC was on the 192.168.1 subnet. This meant all the tools for configuring failed to connect to the camera. Also, it is not possible to ping the device.

What was confusing though was that some apps were able to find the camera on the other subnet. That made me think the subnet was not an issue. Thanks for this tip... it got me heading down the right path eventually.
I have the same problem. My main subnet is 192.168.50.X and the NVR has 192.168.254.X subnet. I see the camera in the NVR but when I add it it doesn't work.
Any suggestions?