Import multiple hard drives clips

Reaction score
Is there any way without changing the folder aka hard drive to import clips to see the entire length?

I have various size HDD"s I record to, they also fill up from 24/7 usage and every time I want to view something on a old hard drive, I have to stop blue iris recording, Switch the NEW folder / HDD to the HDD I am trying to view, So lets say I am recording on F currently because D and E are full I can't view those clips without changing to that.

I have constant usage and recording and go in and out of previous stuff because of various reasons but want to know if I can simply just import all clips from all the hdd's to blue iris at once and go back to those clips without changing.

It's a lot I am asking but thought it existed but they are telling me it's really not possible or I explained it in such a non technical terminology that they couldn't understand and I may even be doing that now.

I simply remove clips I don't need on the HDD's when I need space to record currently, but of course that down time hurts.

I just want to be able to switch between hard drives and view all clips on the Hard drives at once without constantly switching between them.

Thanks if anyone understands what I am trying to do!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way without changing the folder aka hard drive to import clips to see the entire length?

I have various size HDD"s I record to, they also fill up from 24/7 usage and every time I want to view something on a old hard drive, I have to stop blue iris recording, Switch the NEW folder / HDD to the HDD I am trying to view, So lets say I am recording on F currently because D and E are full I can't view those clips without changing to that.

I have constant usage and recording and go in and out of previous stuff because of various reasons but want to know if I can simply just import all clips from all the hdd's to blue iris at once and go back to those clips without changing.

It's a lot I am asking but thought it existed but they are telling me it's really not possible or I explained it in such a non technical terminology that they couldn't understand and I may even be doing that now.

I simply remove clips I don't need on the HDD's when I need space to record currently, but of course that down time hurts.

I just want to be able to switch between hard drives and view all clips on the Hard drives at once without constantly switching between them.

Thanks if anyone understands what I am trying to do!
This post makes no sense..if you want to view any clip its right there in the clips list and timeline...no idea why you are messing around with the drives...if you are physically swapping drives then stop...makes no sense and you are wasting time..even then you can simply click on a file in windows explorer and blue iris will open it.

Reaction score
No, the clip is not right there on the timeline because the hard drive is full and I needed to switch to a new one. That's the issue. I have 4 hard drives in my system, I need to be able to view all clips on the HDD"s not HDD ... All of my HDD's in the PC.

No I am not physically swapping drives, I never not once said anything remotely about Physical drives, I simply said swapping between drives in the software.
So when one HDD is full I need to make another hdd the drive for new recordings

By the time I have a full hard drive, there are over 1000 files because I do a 4gb limit for around 2-4 hours per clip because I do save some as this is a 24/7 camera for MEDICAL REASONS and if something happens I have proof.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, the clip is not right there on the timeline because the hard drive is full and I needed to switch to a new one. That's the issue. I have 4 hard drives in my system, I need to be able to view all clips on the HDD"s not HDD ... All of my HDD's in the PC.

No I am not physically swapping drives, I never not once said anything remotely about Physical drives, I simply said swapping between drives in the software.
So when one HDD is full I need to make another hdd the drive for new recordings

By the time I have a full hard drive, there are over 1000 files because I do a 4gb limit for around 2-4 hours per clip because I do save some as this is a 24/7 camera for MEDICAL REASONS and if something happens I have proof.
Why in the world would you be changing locations in the software manually? The software has options like aux folders so you can use all your drives without all this back and forth.....i asked about physical drives because what you are doing is VERY odd and there is no reason for it...

Reaction score
How would I use the Aux folders then? Can you give any insight for what I am trying to do?
I been looking, googling the living hell out of Multiple hard drives in Blue iris and nothing shows up relevant.

I have 1 camera recording, I have 4 different hard drives.
It's Direct to disk recording,

all the time when I record, I have it set on NEW I always change the Drive to A/B/C/D:\blueiris

Move to folder is set on NEW

Queue for convert/export as well as backup is not configured.

EDIT: Think I figured it out, Just set it up on each aux the same as I have now for NEW.

Now working on figuring out how to make it record to New/Aux1/Aux2/Aux3 as in swap to that if full, is there any way to automatically do it, or do I have to manually change when it's full on one of the drives?

Edit 2: So it would appear all I do is go to MY CAMERA and go to Record then go to Folder and choose the folder aka New/Aux1/aux2/aux3 for the HDD of my choosing to record to. But can't find any go to next folder when folder is full. I assume this is not possible?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How would I use the Aux folders then? Can you give any insight for what I am trying to do?
I been looking, googling the living hell out of Multiple hard drives in Blue iris and nothing shows up relevant.

I have 1 camera recording, I have 4 different hard drives.
It's Direct to disk recording,

all the time when I record, I have it set on NEW I always change the Drive to A/B/C/D:\blueiris

Move to folder is set on NEW

Queue for convert/export as well as backup is not configured.

EDIT: Think I figured it out, Just set it up on each aux the same as I have now for NEW.

Now working on figuring out how to make it record to New/Aux1/Aux2/Aux3 as in swap to that if full, is there any way to automatically do it, or do I have to manually change when it's full on one of the drives?

Edit 2: So it would appear all I do is go to MY CAMERA and go to Record then go to Folder and choose the folder aka New/Aux1/aux2/aux3 for the HDD of my choosing to record to. But can't find any go to next folder when folder is full. I assume this is not possible?
This is a backwards approach that requires manual intervention... simply have bi move from one drive to the next as they fill...or better yet How to use Storage Spaces in Windows 10

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Issue with storage spaces is I sadly don't want to delete all of my drives in order to activate it.

Also how do I make BI move from one drive to the next as the fill?
Move folder to...see the help file on clips and archiving

Reaction score
Move folder to...see the help file on clips and archiving
I think I will just keep it how it is, I can't see anything in the help file regarding moving from one drive to the next automatically.
I understand this may just be dumb of me, But this is fine for now as Move to folder just moves to a folder I specify, nothing states about moving to a folder if its already full, as from my understanding it is F:\Blue Iris as my Destination, But move to folder I would want NEW so it stays on new under New. But doesn't say Oh if this is full it will go to Aux 1 next. Why I am wary as I can't risk files being deleted while doing this.

I do appreciate your help though Fenderman. You solved my biggest issue.

Just none of my google searches seem to well... explain any of this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I will just keep it how it is, I can't see anything in the help file regarding moving from one drive to the next automatically.
I understand this may just be dumb of me, But this is fine for now as Move to folder just moves to a folder I specify, nothing states about moving to a folder if its already full, as from my understanding it is F:\Blue Iris as my Destination, But move to folder I would want NEW so it stays on new under New. But doesn't say Oh if this is full it will go to Aux 1 next. Why I am wary as I can't risk files being deleted while doing this.

I do appreciate your help though Fenderman. You solved my biggest issue.

Just none of my google searches seem to well... explain any of this.
It doesn't move instantly..
Set new to move to stored stored to aux..etc...basic simple..help file explains this