In Search of Mini PTZ 3x

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In Search of Mini PTZ with Wide Angle Lens

I was really hoping the Mini PTZ V2 4x would be the one, but as it turned out it is a turd. The V2 10x is great, but I need wide angle. I looked at Hikvision's products and they aren't cheap for what they do. 4MP is nice, but no PTZ. Since my Mini PTZ V1 10x has been working well, I decided to get a V1 3x. I went with Melissa at Monitech. This is the link I bought from:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-HUISUN-New-Model-2-0Megapixel-3X-Optical-Zoom-With-POE-HD-IR-Mini-Night-Vision/32634329013.html

$144 and ePacket free shipping. Only $5.26 more for DHL. She already messaged me that I will be able to remote view the camera tomorrow before they ship, which is pretty cool. Will update as it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good service. I like the fact they've listed it's a Huisun rather than BS and say it's their own.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Re: In Search of Mini PTZ with Wide Angle Lens

I was really hoping the Mini PTZ V2 4x would be the one, but as it turned out it is a turd. The V2 10x is great, but I need wide angle. I looked at Hikvision's products and they aren't cheap for what they do. 4MP is nice, but no PTZ. Since my Mini PTZ V1 10x has been working well, I decided to get a V1 3x. I went with Melissa at Monitech. This is the link I bought from:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-HUISUN-New-Model-2-0Megapixel-3X-Optical-Zoom-With-POE-HD-IR-Mini-Night-Vision/32634329013.html

$144 and ePacket free shipping. Only $5.26 more for DHL. She already messaged me that I will be able to remote view the camera tomorrow before they ship, which is pretty cool. Will update as it goes.
Good to know that Melissa is still selling the 3x. I bought from her before and everything went smoothly.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Hi Futaba ,

Thank you like our mini 1080P 3X PTZ camera , I am Coco from HUISUN, Orginal factory of Mini PTZ camera .
Belowed is the link for 1080P 3X mini PTZ camera :
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/HS-SCB405IP-V03-HUISUN-1080P-3X_60460113579.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.6YAHnI

If you want more , pls feel free to contact me :
Email : sales14@huisuncctv.cn
Whatsapp: +8613267182460
Wechat:541483527
@Coco, Since you say you are from Huisun then please tell us why Huisun gas not come out with a fix for the V2 4X camera. Many of us here have them and would rather use it as a camera instead of a doorstop!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

macgus

n3wb
Reaction score

bob2701,

You get more with honey than vinegar. Has anyone contacted the vendor where they bought the camera from? What about the warranty? Now that it's possible to converse with someone directly from Huisun, I'm sure she could pass your info along to the tech. guys to get a solution. I have recently dealt with Coco to purchase the mini-10X ptz and even though there was a screw-up in the shipment, she jumped through hoops and straightened everything out...she was pretty awesome!!.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

bob2701,

You get more with honey than vinegar. Has anyone contacted the vendor where they bought the camera from? What about the warranty? Now that it's possible to converse with someone directly from Huisun, I'm sure she could pass your info along to the tech. guys to get a solution. I have recently dealt with Coco to purchase the mini-10X ptz and even though there was a screw-up in the shipment, she jumped through hoops and straightened everything out...she was pretty awesome!!.
Maybe you should read the thread on the V2 4X, https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9162-Mini-PTZ-v2-4x-optical-zoom-version

Start about page 7 or 8. I have spoke with my vendor many times and the result is it is a cheap camera (her words) and they have no plans to correct the problems. Since it has been 3 months I'm inclined to believe that. I have never dealt with Coco but if she does in fact work directly for Huisun then maybe she has some insight.

macgus

n3wb
Reaction score

Ok, I've read the thread (long). Sorry you've been wronged. What site is this Monica working at? Please send me a private message...

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Ok, I've read the thread (long). Sorry you've been wronged. What site is this Monica working at? Please send me a private message...
Huisun....

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Coco. Thanks for the link. I do have a V2 4x, which I am using but the image quality is pretty weak. It would be great if there will be firmware upgrade for it. But I am going to give the V1 3x a try. I have already ordered a V1 3x.

Meanwhile, the Dahua SD29204S-GN is very interesting. I may be able to use it at a couple of places outside my housr where it won't be subjected to the elements. The auto follow feature and built-in mic on it seems pretty good. I need to see if there is any catches.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Hi Futaba ,

About that V2 4X camera , we will have improvement but now the firmware not come yet ~~ I will update when it is ready here.

If you want wide range , we also have 1.3mp 4x , pls click :http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/HS-SCB405HP-C13-HUISUN-960P-4X_60459222740.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.l7mAJZ

View more 1080P 3X , pls click : http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/HS-SCB405IP-V03-HUISUN-1080P-3X_60460113579.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.aykS6x
View more 1080P 10X , pls click : http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2015-10X-optical-Mini-bullet-p2p_60190128931.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.9L9Rz3
Wow there is hope!

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Meanwhile, the Dahua SD29204S-GN is very interesting. I may be able to use it at a couple of places outside my housr where it won't be subjected to the elements. The auto follow feature and built-in mic on it seems pretty good. I need to see if there is any catches.
If you mean motion tracking, then these don't have it. They are a great cam though.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
atom, you are right, nayr's home made software tricked me into thinking that cam has motion tracking. Looks like it is still a great little cam if installed in a dry place. I am very tempted to get one. Meanwhile, I finally can connect to the camera I am purchasing remotely. This is the firmware version:

Basic Information
Device Name
Model
Serial No.10964256D6AB57BE07
Program VersionV1.0.2 Build 201509160901
Control VersionMiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201509241507
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20150924
Plugin Version1.0.4.41
Number of Channels1
Disk Quantity0
Number of Alarm Input0
Number of Alarm Output0
CPU90%
Memory109/132

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Hi , I am Coco from HUISUN, sorry the link I pose before have mistake . Our Huisun have alibaba and aliexpress , I take charge of alibaba who do wholesale bussiness .

View more 1080P 3x , pls click :http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/HS-SCB405IP-V03-E-HUISUN-1080P_60436028659.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.EFM1Zd
View more 1080P 10x , pls click : http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2015-10X-optical-Mini-bullet-p2p_60190128931.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.xcQT4G
I would be very careful buying the cameras at these links. It does not say "IP" in the description at the top. AND, from my experience with HUISUN, what is in the description portion of the page does not matter to HUISUN. They will later deny it has a feature because it is/was not in the top description.

Don't believe me, go ahead and order, then when it comes and it is not an IP camera coco will just tell you it was never in the description.

HUISUN owes me a cam with POE but since it was only down in the camera specs, HUISUN says, that does not count, only what is in the top description is what you are getting.

Remember who you are dealing with here, these are Chinese and they don't dive a sh*t after they get your money.

I'm glad some people here have such a high opinion of HUISUN, I don't, that happens after they LIE to you [in the cam specs] send you a cam that lacks the features in the cam specs and tell you, you just don't understand.

All the usual players here know the deal, for those of you who are new to these cams and new to dealing with these people, you are warned.

ALSO, the low prices listed in alibaba are just a come on to get you roped in. see the link that says "get latest price" This allowes them to come back with a higher price then what is listed, and yes I know all about how alibaba is for wholesale etc.

If people want to know what they are really going to pay, buy from aliexpress, not alibaba. After going through this hassle with alibaba, I ordered from aliexpress, but still got hosed out of getting POE do to HUISUN'S attitude of "if it is not in the top description - it does not count" as to what you are really going to get.

Want an IP cam? Want POE? Just be sure the top description says IP and POE or do not buy, unless your name is Forrest Gump and you prefer life to be "like a box of chocolates" and you like not knowing what your going to get.

and YES, I DO have every friggin right to be pissed at these people for hosing me out of POE on my cam purchase.

Read all this coco?, it is called customer feedback about your companies slimy way of doing business.

Robert

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine didn't come with PoE either but that was probably also my fault, I also thought I had ordered PoE but didn't double-double-check. And I think I lucked out because the PoE is a bit dodgy (apparently).

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Scared me a little. I checked, the link I have in the OP of this thread does say POE. I did play with the camera remotely over the weekend after it was setup, so at least it has ethernet :D

This seller seems to have everything listed in the main description at the top so my guess is you have no worries, below, I copied this from their "product description"

---------------------------
Please pay attention to the following tips before your order:

1: English, Russian and Chinese are included in the menu.
2: The camera has POE function and NO Power adapter in the original package, please kindly pay attention.
3: The warranty will take effect from the date when you get the item.
4: We are aiming to doing long-term business with every customer on the basis of Honesty, Credibility and Mutual Trust, so we would love to provide our best service to whoever respect and cherish our work. We believe all the problems can be solved friendly. So if there is any problem with our product, please feel free to contact us.

But only serious buyers are welcomed! In addition, warranty will not be provided to whoever leaves negative or neutral feedback, open case or open return request.

Remark: Please pay attention to every detail of items before ordering. We are doing our best to present pictures of items as more as possible, but if you have questions that we don't mention in the description, please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.

New Support!!!
After order, we can set the camera for you to test it by yourself. Enjoy it!

---------------------------
I like the part that says: After order we can set the camera for you to test it by yourself. I am assuming you would get to log in to the very cam you are buying?

hmm, don't like this part though: Warranty will not be provided for you if you leave neutral or negative feedback.

Chinese jack booted thug way of doing business arrrrrgh.....

Robert

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My Mini PTZ V1 3x arrived yesterday (Thursday) That is super fast, even for DHL. Will install it this weekend.