Indoor cam option suggestion

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just went right up into the attic, however if you do this you cant put it right directly in the corner or you'll go up through a stud.. need to pull it a few inches from both walls so you have the clearance above.

I attached cable to some metal fish tape and then you can put the metal frame from a paint roller on a broom and use it as a hook to stab into blown in insulation until you hear the metal on metal clink and can yank the fish tape out.. the corners at exterior walls can be a bitch to get too, so take that into consideration.. corners of internal walls are much easier to access from above.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
interesting idea. I assume that you push the fish tape up into the attic through a 3/4" hole drilled from below and "find" the metal fish end with your metal detector ie paint roller? Thankfully at least the first one is an internal corner.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, patching a hole that size is a piece of cake later on down the line.. stuff a ball of foil or something into the hole then mud over it and sand flat.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@nayr, Is there enough room behind the wedge for the mated weatherproof RJ45? did you just leave that up in the hole vs using an accessory mount with a small stretch of wire between the hole and the base, or did you move the camera out on the ceiling to cover the hole with drywall screws?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the camera entirely covers the holes, it comes with a sticker you stick to the celing so you know where to drill and place your anchors.