indoor cam recomendations for use with 2 way audio in UK

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im looking for advice for an indoor cam with built in microphone and speaker for use with the 2 way audio on Blue Iris.

Its going in my office and the 2 way is important because if I am away I often send people in to my office to do things to my instructions. I will not be using the wifi and it will be connected by ethernet cable.

Its important to me that I buy from a genuine UK company, not from overseas or some hole in the wall ephemeral trader. Anyway I have a shortlist of 2, the Hikvision Cube ( eg DS-2CD2443G0-IW ) and the Foscam C2 or C2M.

Has anyone tried either of these with BI and 2 way audio? The Hikvision is exactly twice the price of the Foscam, is it worth the difference? I already have both brands in my system and all have performed OK with reasonable life expectancy. ( Everything bought in the last few years is working just fine ) I understand there have been some security concerns raised over Foscam, are Hikvision any better ?

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, there was some interesting info I wasn't aware of on there.

I've ordered the Hikvision cube so will see how the 2 way audio works when I get it.

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got myself a Hikvision Cube , model DS-2CD2443G0-IW and it seems to work OK.
I had an issue that when first connected and set up I had no sound coming through to my Blue Iris recordings. It took me an hour to find it. It was a configeration setting in the Hikvision software : Configuration>video/audio, Video Type = Video& Audio. With the default settings it was set to video only.
Other than that it seems to work OK. I haven't tested the 2 way audio very much as I am on my own. The inbuilt speaker isnt the best but it seems to be clear enough that I can give listeners instructions which is just what I wanted.