Indoor cameras

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What are you guys using for indoor cameras? The major brands of hikvision/dahua/Lts or the other brands that are cheaper off of Amazon or newegg?

I was thinking of getting some but didn't want permanent cameras installed

Mufasa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If PoE is not a must ( as it likely would be easier to source AC power indoor ) then the armcrest pro hd line are made by Dahua, and can often be found at the ~$60 price level. (Amcrest ProHD 1080p 30FPS WiFi IP Security Camera (White) $62 + Free S/H)

They are made by Dahua, picture quality is quite good, with the built-in IR night view is adequate for indoor usage ( of course if you have a 600 sqft room you might still find it dark at places. )

If you wish to do PoE, you can still get some 802.3af 5v splitter of amazon or ebay at $8~$10 a piece.

Mine had been running with no hiccup for 2 month.. will see if it can hold 2 years : )

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would get POE cameras even for inside your house to me it's much easier. All my cameras in doors are installed on the ceiling. Amcrest is shit... however I like there cams for indoors only.. Amcrest (White) Amazon.com : Amcrest ProHD 1080P POE (Power Over Ethernet) IP Camera with Pan/Tilt, Two-Way Audio, Optional Cloud Recording, Full HD (1920TVL) @ 30FPS, Wide 90° Viewing Angle and Night Vision IP2M-841EW (White) : Camera & Photo

Also never ever use wifi for security cameras it's just stupid !!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fanny

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi im fanny. I work for Reolink and post Reolink Spam. I am so dumb that I used my reolink email address to sign up for this forum.
I have been busted by fenderman. Another reason to avoid reolink
@fanny Spam is not tolerated here. Please forward this post to your superiors so they can post an apology.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So reolink has been busted posting spam..."fanny" deleted the post after I edited.... @fanny

Attachments

Last edited:

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
so far i am fond of the min-wedge starlight in a 3.6mm lenses for 90 deg corners IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, for about $125. I think the 6mm would be good for larger room usage, but is not as available. I would like to see a corridor camera like this with a much longer lens for watching doors from the inside (actionable choke point).

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone used the lts cube cameras?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For Hikvision (only buy if you have a Hik system) then from Ali here $70
For Dahua K200W but I only know where to get in UK but also $70

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score