Indoor wifi (PTZ, if possible) cams that aren't huge or require app to setup or function? ONVIF a must

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
FWIW, snapshot from last night from the Amcrest IP2M-841, IR off, only visible light is from the 2 LED flag lights, which light up the Bradford pear tree also:
i will never understand why dahua sells this model to amcrest only ... :confused:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this still the case that you have to use they're APP to have auto tracking work?
seems so.
But i have to row back a bit...

seems that dahua went full reolink with imou ... if you change settings (shutter, gain etc.) they revert back after night/day change to AUTO. if you go do smartpss and apply again your settings will be there until next day/night change. so your settings are stored (you have to click only apply button) , but the camera is not using it... there are hardcoded "dahua flavoured" settings... completely useless cameras if you dont want to run them in auto mode

Last edited:

justabeginner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
+1 to what @Flintstone61 and @justabeginner said about the Amcrest IP2M-841, a re-branded Dahua. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless,, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $45, silver is more.

As far as browsers, it works with Pale Moon (32bit), SeaMonkey, IE, Safari 11, Firefox 49.0 and Chrome (recommend with latest version camera and it requires no extension).

I've installed 4 of the V2 versions, 1 of the latest V3 version and 3 of it's lower-res HD (720p) cousins in the last 4 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I currently use 3 of them with Blue Iris; 1 on front porch to look at deliveries, 1 in garage and 1 in sunroom to watch the dogs; two of the 3 is operating on Wi-Fi via a dedicated AP. I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

VERY hard to beat for $45, IMO
I just purchased three of these cameras refurbished on eBay for $25 each, free shipping. I had to do a reset (hold reset button in until it goes red) because they wouldn't accept the password. They look like new and work great. It was a website where you can "make an offer" so they accepted my offer. I have them configured in Blue Iris and they work great.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just purchased three of these cameras refurbished on eBay for $25 each, free shipping. I had to do a reset (hold reset button in until it goes red) because they wouldn't accept the password. They look like new and work great. It was a website where you can "make an offer" so they accepted my offer. I have them configured in Blue Iris and they work great.
Roll Tide or War Eagle?

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So does anyone have any suggestions on a good indoor, PTZ with auto-tracking / follow me (whatever term a manufacture might use)? Don't need WiFi
But does the "auto tracking" work without having to use their app?

justabeginner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So does anyone have any suggestions on a good indoor, PTZ with auto-tracking / follow me (whatever term a manufacture might use)? Don't need WiFi

But does the "auto tracking" work without having to use their app?
I don't have a need for auto tracking on these cameras so I can't answer that.

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why not install Pi Hole and OpenVPN to block the cameras to the internet? You can also use DHCP to assign blank for gateway and dns for the cameras/nvr.

Last edited: