Initial review of the DS-2CD2347G2-L(U) ColorVu 2.0 IP camera.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also have a DS-2CD2347G2-L which was purchased from Andy.
This had V5.5.134_200430 firmware and the same issues that Alastair has reported with his initial review.

I activated this by plug and play to a DS-7616NI-12/16P V4.40.016_200803 NVR ..
The G2 connected and started a conflict war with a 2335FWD-I on port 2. The quick fix was just to disconnect the camera on port 2 and continue setting up the G2 for the night. With firmware V5.5.134 could set line crossing and intrusion settings via the NVR.

Have now update the G2 to "See Edit" firmware rebooted and reset to defaults, which fixed the missing model number and SADP problems.
The NVR is now unable make changes to line crossing and intrusion settings at the G2 camera. This is not big deal as there is addition setting available only via the camera direct.

Camera conflict Facts.
11 cameras all connect to POE ports at back of NVR as plug and play.
Default IP range 192.168.254.*
No camera has the same MAC Address.
Not related to nvr ports as have swapped to both to other spares.

Conflict details.
G2 on port 10 starts, 2335 on port 2 drops off.
G2 connects to port 10 but picture and recordings appear on port 2.
2335 on port 2 reboots changes IP address but picture and recordings appear on port 10.
Now the war starts one on other off. Reboots and swap on/off.

Present work around
With the 2335 disconnect, connect the G2 via plug/play. When connected change port settings to manual.
Reconnect the 2335 it will now not connect under plug/play. With SADP find its IP address and connect this also as a manual camera.

Hopefully someone has a more correct fix for this IP conflict

Edit Firmware used was V5-5-150_200927

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Conflict details.
G2 on port 10 starts, 2335 on port 2 drops off.
G2 connects to port 10 but picture and recordings appear on port 2.
2335 on port 2 reboots changes IP address but picture and recordings appear on port 10.
Now the war starts one on other off. Reboots and swap on/off.
That's quite weird. A real puzzle. Some quirk of the NVR firmware probably.
No camera has the same MAC Address.
Especially as you've checked out a possible most likely cause.
But at least you've managed to work around the problem.

The NVR is now unable make changes to line crossing and intrusion settings at the G2 camera. This is not big deal as there is addition setting available only via the camera direct.
Not that surprising as there have been multiple changes and extensions to those smart events.
Presumably by 'direct' you are referring to 'Virtual Host' ?

Have now update the G2 to IPCH_EX_G3_EN_STD_5.5.153_200730 firmware
That's what I was going to do. Until @watchful_ip advised me it's not the correct firmware.
This is what I used :

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not that surprising as there have been multiple changes and extensions to those smart events.
Presumably by 'direct' you are referring to 'Virtual Host' ?
That's correct.
That's what I was going to do. Until @watchful_ip advised me it's not the correct firmware.
This is what I used :
Just recheck the camera. Have used firmware V5-5-150_200927.

With the G2 can you trigger the light only when there's a smart event ?

gecko

n3wb
Reaction score
Any idea if you can just set up the accusense event triggers with milestone xprotect to show as an event? Such as a person entering the area you select so you can easily find it in the search or playback function of the software?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
With neither the 134 or 150 firmware I couldn't find any options to trigger the leds on events.
Even on the G1 there was only a 5.6.2 version not published by Hikvision that had that capability.

Martinvdm

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this camera and disabled the supplement light as I don’t want to. I set the day/night to Auto. But something the image is a bit over bright. How do I set a auto brightness or something?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But something the image is a bit over bright. How do I set a auto brightness or something?
I do agree that by default the camera produces quite a vivid image.
The imaging will auto-adjust as the scene changes based on the settings in the Image menu.
But worth checking is that the 'White balance' matches the type of illumination in your scene.
And you can always experiment with the Image Adjustment settings such as brightness and contrast to get the image more like you want it.

Martinvdm

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. But perhaps not clear to me. How do you change settings per scene? My settings would be different at night or at day. Are those settings saved per scene mode?

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the image menu there is a scene type pulldown menu for daylight , low light ,etc you can adjust them accordingly. Then the way I did it was to create a month schedule and change between daylight and then low light during ours of daylight and night.

KB18

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like firmware from Security Perth is a custom version that he specifically requested from Hikvision.

It adds the white light LED trigger function.

You can see where he responds to someone who asks the same question in the video comments section of his YouTube video.

YouTube Comments relevant snippet below
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yt camera comments.png

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question regarding DS-2CD2347G2.
Camera firmware used.
IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.134_200430
IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.150_200927
2nd Gen ColorVu_V5.5.134_201014
(from Perth Australia security adds white light trigger on detections)

NVR DS-7616NI-I2 & DS-7608N

Between 6 PM and 6AM. I record continually and notice line crossing and intrusion detections which appear on Hikvision NVR play back bar are before Acusense filter is applied. Between 6AM – 6PM they are Acusense triggers

Is this standard? or have I missed a setting somewhere.

This is the only Acusense camera I have and after testing for 2 months allowing it to trigger on all Human / Vehicle road use, up to 300-500 triggers per day can rate acusense with a 99.5% success sore.

Have also tested the email alerts for line crossing and intrusion sent from the camera and this also has a 99.5% success sore.
Note the camera only sends one picture per trigger.
Firmware 5.5.150_200927 size abt 400-600 k.
FirmwareV5.5.134_201014 size abt 1.0 meg

The only negative point I have and this is due to my location and street lights flicker is that I are unable to raise exposure above 1/30 this results in motion blur due to travel across camera face at night only.

Refer. Picture. Note trigger line /box is due to having metadata settings enable with 5.5.150_200927 firmware. Not working with V5.5.134_201014.lineCrossImage.jpg