Initial review of the DS-2CD2347G2-L(U) ColorVu 2.0 IP camera.

bobajob

n3wb
Reaction score
114 working now and i have the smart light activation but it is also coming on during the day? am i missing something obvious? everything set to auto and in a bright area..... presumed light would only come on when night is detected? - scene set as normal.

boostdis1

n3wb
Reaction score
114 working now and i have the smart light activation but it is also coming on during the day? am i missing something obvious? everything set to auto and in a bright area..... presumed light would only come on when night is detected? - scene set as normal.
In the camera settings, under Event -> Arming Schedule: set the times you want it to be on. I have mine set at 00:00-06:00 and 17:30-24:00 which works for my area, though as daylight savings kicks in later in the year it will likely need adjustment. I don't use the HikVision NVR though so not sure if this also means you wont get alerts during this time, but if using BlueIris events are done server side using BI/Deepstack and work both for day/night.

My settings on the camera are:

Day/Night Switch: Auto
Sensitivity: 4
Filtering Time: 5
Smart Supplement Light: ON
Supplement Light Mode: White Supplement Light
Light Brightness Control: Auto
White Light: 0

Last edited:

bobajob

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks, i understand the arming times you say but i still want it to record events during the day. for example, in your scenario, it won't record at 0800? (between 0600 and 1730)

If there was a way to split intrusion detection for example into two seperate field i would then set day time with no light and then evening with light.

Apologies if i've missunderstood.

boostdis1

n3wb
Reaction score
I record and receive event notifications 24/7 irrespective of the camera arming schedule, but that is because I have configured it to do so on my BlueIris server which has settings independent of the camera.

I don't use a HikVision NVR so perhaps someone else could chime in to verify, but as I understand it the arming schedule on the camera applies only to the camera settings such as the LED illumination. Recording and event schedule are configured on your NVR.

I dont use Smart Events such as Intrusion Detection simply because I dont use HikVision NVR so am unable to comment, though my assumption is the same principle of the arming schedule applies. I'd recommend configuring one camera with the arming schedule to see it still sends events while not triggering the LED? Then when it gets dark head back outside and see if it also triggers the LED + notifications.

bobajob

n3wb
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for explaining further.
I also don't use an NVR as have local SD card (because why not ) and a Qnap Nas.
I'll play around.
Thanks

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for explaining further.
I also don't use an NVR as have local SD card (because why not ) and a Qnap Nas.
I'll play around.
Thanks

Just be aware flash memory has a limited write life and using it as your only means of recording risks it failing to record without you knowing there is an issue until it's too late. Although nothing wrong technically in using SD alone, it's really designed as a backup not the main source of recording and as such exposes you to the risks I mentioned previously of lost recordings.

Reaction score
That is an IR camera so B&W at night only, if you want colour at night along with PTZ, you may want to look into DS-2DE3A400BW-DE
I have a lot of ambient light so Darkfighter should allow some limited color. Here's an example similar to my lighting at night. Also, the DS-2DE3A400BW-DE doesn't have zoom or auto-tracking.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a lot of ambient light so Darkfighter should allow some limited color. Here's an example similar to my lighting at night. Also, the DS-2DE3A400BW-DE doesn't have zoom or auto-tracking.

I doubt you'll have much trouble with any of the low light cameras with large sensors in those lighting levels. Tha's positively bright compared to the locations many are using them in.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Let me get this right they break into your above neighbours to go through their apartment to get into your apartment by jumping from the 10th floor to you on the 9th floor.
LOL, the balcony on the camera is the 10th floor, the one under it is also mine :D
There is no neighbour above me, but the roof can be accessed easily for maintenance (elevetor machinery, air conditioning units, etc).

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here are two screenshots comparing a DS-2CD2347G1-L (ColorVu) next to a DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL (Darkfighter). I am quite impressed!
Can you please provide the settings used in each camera and the lens details for reference? The exposure times in particular.

i have a couple of 2cd2386g2 cams and the low light performance is much better than the 2cd2346g2 simply because it uses a larger image sensor. I’d say the 2cd2386g2 would be a better benchmark reference to the ColorVu.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you please provide the settings used in each camera and the lens details for reference? The exposure times in particular.

i have a couple of 2cd2386g2 cams and the low light performance is much better than the 2cd2346g2 simply because it uses a larger image sensor. I’d say the 2cd2386g2 would be a better benchmark reference to the ColorVu.
They were both basically at default values, with shutter speed at 1/25 and the Acusense camera forced to day mode. We just wanted to post some sample screenshots on our blog, since I already had the 4MP Acusense camera I used the 4MP ColorVu to compare them.