Inside camera with 5ghz wifi and true BI/onvif

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any suggestions for inside wifi camera with native support in Blue Iris - the requirements are 1080p, 5ghz compatible (can not use 2,4ghz in this house cause of interference) - plus if it does have a POE ethernet if I want to repurpose it close to any of the switches.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any suggestions for inside wifi camera with native support in Blue Iris - the requirements are 1080p, 5ghz compatible (can not use 2,4ghz in this house cause of interference) - plus if it does have a POE ethernet if I want to repurpose it close to any of the switches.
you can turn any camera wifi with a cheap wifi bridge or use powerline.

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can turn any camera wifi with a cheap wifi bridge or use powerline.
Wifi bridge for the 2,4ghz is impossible. 2,4 is so noisy in my house nothing on 2,4, even next to a AP point is unsueable (cause of 42 ap points on the solar panels spamming chatter making all 2,4 units disconnect all the time. Court case pending, but will take a long time).

Thats why im looking for cameras that use 5ghz so I can get off the 2,4 band, also powerline could be an issue cross fuses on a IT powerline grid

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wifi bridge for the 2,4ghz is impossible. 2,4 is so noisy in my house nothing on 2,4, even next to a AP point is unsueable (cause of 42 ap points on the solar panels spamming chatter making all 2,4 units disconnect all the time. Court case pending, but will take a long time).

Thats why im looking for cameras that use 5ghz so I can get off the 2,4 band, also powerline could be an issue cross fuses on a IT powerline grid
there are 5ghz bridges...not sure why you think otherwise.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
imho this is a great internal camera that supports 5ghz. I don't think it will take poe though. (I just looked at Amcrest's site and I don't think any of their wifi cams can also take poe. )
Wifi security camera | Amcrest

Last edited: