Install my cam on FireStick or Kodi

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this cam: US $33.57 40% OFF|Zjuxin IP Camera WiFi 2MP 1080P Wireless PTZ Speed Dome CCTV IR Onvif Camera Outdoor Security Surveillance ipCam Camara exterior-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on AliExpress - 11.11_Double 11_Singles' Day

On my pc and phones works great. But, i want to install my cam on firestick and Kodi. I try apps i find in store, i also try Kodi addons, and no one can connect to my cam.
I put ip adress, but no one cant find cam.
Advices?

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks
I dont scanned QR code, what i do is reset cam and then search in anysee app, app find my cam and i put pass and thats it.
I save everything on SD card.
Do u still think is not secure?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you did not have to forward a port in your router at home and you're viewing from outside your home, either on the cellular network or a friend's Wi-Fi, then you are using their cloud via P2P. Entering a serial or ID number is the same as scanning QR code, just less convenient or accurate.

I personally would not trust their server because it's not so much them seeing what your cam sees it someone hacking your cam and using it like a bot to exploit your home network and all attached devices or perform DoS (Denial of Service). At the VERY least it can slow down your home network and consume bandwidth...and that's if you're lucky!

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
OMG, do u have reccomends for cheap and good ip cam?
Also, i still dont learn how to connect this cam with Kodi, help?

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
I find out.
I install ONVIF Device Manager and iSpy, and i get links. I just create stmr files and it works. But, i have another question.
On iSpy i get codes for 1080p and 620p, but 1080p almost half size of screen is pixelated, on 620 works good.
Can i somehow find links or create at least 720p to looks little more sharp when i watch from TV?
Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I find out.
I install ONVIF Device Manager and iSpy, and i get links. I just create stmr files and it works. But, i have another question.
On iSpy i get codes for 1080p and 620p, but 1080p almost half size of screen is pixelated, on 620 works good.
Can i somehow find links or create at least 720p to looks little more sharp when i watch from TV?
Thanks
You will likely have to log into camera with a browser and change resolution of the substream (or the stream chosen by number in your URL such as 0 or 1) to 1280 x 720 .

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
OMG, do u have reccomends for cheap and good ip cam?
Also, i still dont learn how to connect this cam with Kodi, help?
This reminds me of this paradigm:

You might find a "cheap" and "good" cam, but might lack any interconnectivity possibilities. You can't have all in this world :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great image. It's message it applicable to almost anything.
Example: I'm not a restaurateur but I am a consumer and always felt like (at least where I live) you have to work hard to fail as a restaurant; it's a remote area and 25 miles to the big chain food establishments.
  • Good food, fast service....you may be willing to pay a bit more.
  • Fast service, great prices....you may be willing to lower your standards of good taste.
  • Great food, fantastic prices.....if you can, you may be willing to wait a L-O-N-G time.
  • But crappy food, high prices and lousy service? You'll have few return customers and you'll be out of business in no time...and I'm OK with that. IMO, that's the way it should be with any kind of business or service.
It's free enterprise, folks! :cool:

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, but i dont know how to change this. Also, i dont know on the link i get, it writes all different things i dont sure how, on my app i have user and pass, but on link its all different.
How, why? On phone on apps and pc it works good on 1080p, i dont know why dont work the same?
Also, i want to have NAS, can i set up cam to record directly to NAS?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, but i dont know how to change this. Also, i dont know on the link i get, it writes all different things i dont sure how, on my app i have user and pass, but on link its all different.
How, why?
By ""link" if you mean logging into camera with an IP in your browser, that's because you're looking at software embedded in the cam as a user interface or webGUI.
Also, i want to have NAS, can i set up cam to record directly to NAS?
Again, if it can be set to record to SD card, PC or network drive or NAS, you'd likely have to log into the camera with the aforementioned webGUI to configure that.

stefs

n3wb
Reaction score
I dont know which software i need to try for this cam.
On phone i use AnySee, but this work good for phone and i dont have other options.