Installation issue with Ezviz DB1

Azza2004

n3wb
Reaction score
My pleasure! This thread has been extremely helpful for me in the past so I am only too happy to pay it forward!
I'm getting the same result using an iPhone. I e added the device both manually and using the qr code and I can see the live feed. However when I click on settings I'm still not seeing anything like what you posted in your screen shot

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm getting the same result using an iPhone. I e added the device both manually and using the qr code and I can see the live feed. However when I click on settings I'm still not seeing anything like what you posted in your screen shot
That is extremely odd!! Exact same app? I added the device with the QR code. It's very strange that we would get a different list of settings in the same app. Can you post a screenshot of your settings?

Reaction score
Brute / Checker on Airbnb.com Free for 24 hours!!!

Supports all kinds of proxy HTTPS / SOCKS4 / SOCKS5\

Log

blinovaleksey@yahoo.com (Name: Aleksey Blinov
Registration date: 2013-07-30 - 05:58:56
Date of Birth:
Friends: 0
-------------------------
Telephone:
Facebook: No
Reviews: 0
Last ride: No
Currency: USD
Verification: false

TELEGRAM Hack Boss
Download

1001.7 KB file on MEGA
AirbnbCom.rar - AnonFiles

VT

Azza2004

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the main screen look like this?
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I've finally manged to get my chime working. I reset the doorbell and removed it from the app. When setting it up again I choose a mechanical chime during the process and it now works fine. Many thanks for your help again.

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I've finally manged to get my chime working. I reset the doorbell and removed it from the app. When setting it up again I choose a mechanical chime during the process and it now works fine. Many thanks for your help again.
Glad to hear! Thanks for the update.

Reaction score
Hi,

What app did you end up setting it up in? I've tried both hikconnect and ezviz and the chime won't work. I even got a new chime to make sure and nothing.
Thanks

Azza2004

n3wb
Reaction score
What app did you end up setting it up in? I've tried both hikconnect and ezviz and the chime won't work. I even got a new chime to make sure and nothing.
Thanks
Hi sorry for the late reply. I just deleted the device and added it again using the ezviz app. During the setup after you've scanned the qr code there is a page that give you the option of no chime, mechanical or electronic chime. I choose mechanical and then the chime works. I did miss this page the first time I did the setup.

Hope that helps you

Reaction score
Hi sorry for the late reply. I just deleted the device and added it again using the ezviz app. During the setup after you've scanned the qr code there is a page that give you the option of no chime, mechanical or electronic chime. I choose mechanical and then the chime works. I did miss this page the first time I did the setup.

Hope that helps you

Yeah tried that a dozen times... nothing. Even tried different camera apps the try the same and nothing. Ezviz support not helping either :(

eakf

n3wb
Reaction score
I was in the exact same boat. EZViz worked fine with my mechanical chime when I first installed it with the included power kit on my original 10VA transformer.

Since installing it, I've had to reset wifi a number of times (trying different options for signal strength). At some point, up to here, I noticed that the mechanical chime stopped working all together.

With Wifi sorted out, I upgraded the Transformer to 30VA and let it sit overnight. Still no chime. I tried downloading the Hikvision app on Android and don't see any option to activate mechanical chime.

I deleted the doorbell from the EZViz app and reset the doorbell. When reinstalling, if you tell the app the doorbell is already mounted, you don't get the option to activate the mechanical chime, so I reinstalled. Again.

Now my chime works.

I can only guess that a wifi reset, also resets the mechanical chime option with no EZ way of reactivating it.

Thanks for the help of the forum!

Reaction score
Update for my problem... mech chime stopped working, tried new chime no workie, switched from 40volt transformer and to 16 no workie. Tried all the apps and restarting no workie.
EZVIZ email was very responsive and helpful in troubleshooting but never found a solution. They ended up giving me a call and we spent about 30 minutes on the phone going through all the troubleshooting steps and could not resolve the problem either. Came to the ultimate decision that I needed a new doorbell. Mine was a year-and-a-half-old there for out of warranty, so he said I would have to buy a new one. They offered me a 20% off but it was still cheaper from Amazon. Just ended up buying a new one.
I had a very positive experience with their email and phone customer service.

Ragermac

n3wb
Reaction score
My BD1 keeps disconnecting, I don't know why it keeps doing it. Anyone have this problem? Can I flash a different firmware on it? Seems like a software issue

MarcRah

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I'm trying to connect my Elvis doorbell to the pro-controll+ app (i had it connected before but it lost it after a power cut)
i can scan and add it but it wont add to the wifi!