Installation issue with Ezviz DB1

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a concern related to this doorbell and hope you don't mind me asking here.

Since it connects via WiFi I'm wondering how it performs in terms of alerts to mobile. My other cameras are wired via a POE hub to the BI server, meaning a hop via the router to the BI server for doorbell traffic. Any reports of experiences with this please?

Lonsdalien

n3wb
Reaction score
currently if alerts are requested, the doorbell sends the alert by wifi (I suppose to the ezviz server somewhere), which then sends me the notification on the application.

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had this doorbell installed and working fine since December. All of a sudden my indoor mechanical chime is no longer ringing when the button is pressed. I have confirmed that my chime is working ok and I even replaced my 16V transformer just to be safe. No luck. I'm starting to think that it must be either the power kit or the doorbell itself?? I bought it on Amazon in December and EZVIZ is telling me that they will not honor the warranty because I did not get it through an authorized re-seller. Any advice or tips here would be greatly appreciated.

Perceptor

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had this doorbell installed and working fine since December. All of a sudden my indoor mechanical chime is no longer ringing when the button is pressed. I have confirmed that my chime is working ok and I even replaced my 16V transformer just to be safe. No luck. I'm starting to think that it must be either the power kit or the doorbell itself?? I bought it on Amazon in December and EZVIZ is telling me that they will not honor the warranty because I did not get it through an authorized re-seller. Any advice or tips here would be greatly appreciated.
What happens when you take the doorbell off and touch the two wires together at the doorbell location? Power kit is just a couple of resistors if I recall. I opened mine up and was surprised there was not much to it so there is also not much to go wrong.

Mxwoody

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

sorry to tag onto this thread. I have the db1 working but no chime on the doorbell.Chime I have is Byron 771.Says this is compatible with the ezviz doorbell.
Any help be much appreciated

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

sorry to tag onto this thread. I have the db1 working but no chime on the doorbell.Chime I have is Byron 771.Says this is compatible with the ezviz doorbell.
Try installing "Hik-Connect" which has an option to enable/disable the indoor chime. That's what worked for me when my chime stopped working. I wasted so much time changing and replacing my transformer when it was a simple fix all along. Install Hik-Connect, enable the chime, test, uninstall Hik-connect. Done!

TheLAD

n3wb
Reaction score
Try installing "Hik-Connect" which has an option to enable/disable the indoor chime. That's what worked for me when my chime stopped working. I wasted so much time changing and replacing my transformer when it was a simple fix all along. Install Hik-Connect, enable the chime, test, uninstall Hik-connect. Done!
I tried to use Hik-Connect but already had the EZVIZ app installed and registered. When I try the Hik-Connect app, it tells me that I must share the device from somewhere else, the EZVIZ app I assume. I have not found any way to do that?

TheLAD

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to use Hik-Connect but already had the EZVIZ app installed and registered. When I try the Hik-Connect app, it tells me that I must share the device from somewhere else, the EZVIZ app I assume. I have not found any way to do that?
I finally got Hik-Connect to work. I did not see that it offered any advantages over EZVIZ app other than it allows you to answer the doorbell type question again. EZVIZ only allows you to answer this when you first add the device, you cannot change it after. To change it with the EZVIZ app, you have to delete the device from the app, reset the doorbell, and add it back to the app.

Azza2004

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Hi,

Just wondering if you managed to get this working. I have the same setup and the doorbell works fine but I'm unable to get the chime working. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if you managed to get this working. I have the same setup and the doorbell works fine but I'm unable to get the chime working. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Do you know for sure that it's a working chime? It could be your transformer but when I had this issue, I found it was simply a software setting not available in the EZVIZ app. Once I installed the Hik-Connect app, I just enabled the indoor chime as there is a setting for that. After I turned it on through hik-connect, I uninstalled the app and just used EZVIZ. No problems since. Hope that helps.

Azza2004

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you know for sure that it's a working chime? It could be your transformer but when I had this issue, I found it was simply a software setting not available in the EZVIZ app. Once I installed the Hik-Connect app, I just enabled the indoor chime as there is a setting for that. After I turned it on through hik-connect, I uninstalled the app and just used EZVIZ. No problems since. Hope that helps.
Thanks for your response. The chime was working with my old door bell using an 8v transformer. I've replaced the transformer with a 12v one and wired it up as per the diagram in the first page. I do have the hik connect app as I have other cameras around the house and have managed to add the EZVIZ to it. What setting enables the in door chime?

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. The chime was working with my old door bell using an 8v transformer. I've replaced the transformer with a 12v one and wired it up as per the diagram in the first page. I do have the hik connect app as I have other cameras around the house and have managed to add the EZVIZ to it. What setting enables the in door chime?
I don't have the app installed anymore but I remember seeing clear as day an on/off switch for the indoor chime.

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My pleasure, Let me know if you need additional help. When I get home I can load up Hik-Connect again and take a screenshot of the setting if need be.

Azza2004

n3wb
Reaction score
My pleasure, Let me know if you need additional help. When I get home I can load up Hik-Connect again and take a screenshot of the setting if need be.
Good morning,

I managed to try this last night but the options along the bottom of the hik vision app are the same as my full nvr camera set up. I checked the chime again using my old door bell and it is definitely working. It would be great if I could get this working as the doorbell itself is fine.

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good morning,

I managed to try this last night but the options along the bottom of the hik vision app are the same as my full nvr camera set up. I checked the chime again using my old door bell and it is definitely working. It would be great if I could get this working as the doorbell itself is fine.
I installed Hik-Vision again. Have a look at the attached image. Under "Chime Type" does it say 'Mechanical'

Attachments

Azza2004

n3wb
Reaction score
I
I installed Hik-Vision again. Have a look at the attached image. Under "Chime Type" does it say 'Mechanical'
Hi,

I must be using a different app as I do not have those settings in my hikvision app. Do you have a link to the app you are using in the play store please?

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many thanks. I will see if I can get an iPhone to install the app on as those settings are definitely not in the android version as far as I can see. I really appreciate your help thanks again.
My pleasure! This thread has been extremely helpful for me in the past so I am only too happy to pay it forward!