Installed multiple Trendnet systems, the older Hikvision OEM NVR's and cams. There still going for over 10 years till this day.

12we45rt

n3wb
Reaction score
Now with the ban, I am at a crossroads. Trendnet changed systems, they build their own Cams and NVr's now and they are not Hikvision OEM. Will Hikvision be impossible to purchase in the US in the future? When starting out 15 years ago i was burned by garbage analog systems, manufacturers and their unreliable systems. In my experience HIKVISION is the only systems that run like refrigerators, never go down, crash, reboot, etc. They NEVER go down, they even keep the Hard Drives so happy in the NVR's that they last Years longer than other systems do. The fans, they never die. Just keep cleaning them. A NVR that's down is a NVR that's not recording. I want to stay with Hikvision, was even going to install the whole face recognition intercomm system eventually. Are these systems on Amazon and Newegg really Hikvision systems or are they fake? I went into a survellance store and the salesman/snake slithered his way over to me and just started to push some garbage system he had, totally ignored my Hikvision question. What have you guys noticed/changes with getting parts? Where do you buy genuine parts from? Issues/ fake systems? Thanks again for a point in the right direction or the writing on the wall from this ban on Hikvision.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Now with the ban, I am at a crossroads. Trendnet changed systems, they build their own Cams and NVr's now and they are not Hikvision OEM. Will Hikvision be impossible to purchase in the US in the future? When starting out 15 years ago i was burned by garbage analog systems, manufacturers and their unreliable systems. In my experience HIKVISION is the only systems that run like refrigerators, never go down, crash, reboot, etc. They NEVER go down, they even keep the Hard Drives so happy in the NVR's that they last Years longer than other systems do. The fans, they never die. Just keep cleaning them. A NVR that's down is a NVR that's not recording. I want to stay with Hikvision, was even going to install the whole face recognition intercomm system eventually. Are these systems on Amazon and Newegg really Hikvision systems or are they fake? I went into a survellance store and the salesman/snake slithered his way over to me and just started to push some garbage system he had, totally ignored my Hikvision question. What have you guys noticed/changes with getting parts? Where do you buy genuine parts from? Issues/ fake systems? Thanks again for a point in the right direction or the writing on the wall from this ban on Hikvision.
There is no ban on hik unless you are installing in a government facility...There are a bunch of threads on this..relax

12we45rt

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no ban on hik unless you are installing in a government facility...There are a bunch of threads on this..relax
Ok, Thank you. Just got a genuine Hikvision camera and the Trendnet NVR accepted & configured it instantly....maybe even faster than it accepts Trendnet devices, lol, go figure. No reflashing firmware, etc. I will try to read through the threads better moving forward. Again thank you, thank all of you. Today is a good day.