Installing BI on a new PC

Reaction score
I'm installing on a Windows 10 Pro build 1803. Blue Iris is not running. The error message it gives is "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I reinstalled it several times, run windows troubleshooter, tried to run in Windows 8 compatible version, etc. Nothing is working. What am I doing wrong?

-- Prakash

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm installing on a Windows 10 Pro build 1803. Blue Iris is not running. The error message it gives is "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I reinstalled it several times, run windows troubleshooter, tried to run in Windows 8 compatible version, etc. Nothing is working. What am I doing wrong?

-- Prakash
10 threads on this. Search.

Reaction score
Thank you very much Tony for the precise reference!
I went about the roundabout way! Reinstalls of BI 4 was not working as it would return immediately. So I made sure BI 3 worked on this old PC first.
Then when I tried to reinstall BI 4, I selected 32 bit (even though the PC and Windows version was 64 bit). This time it installed the Visual Studio & other dependencies, and then BI 4 worked.
SOLVED, thank you!