Installing over existing junction box...

omyliver

n3wb
Reaction score
Bought a new construction and when they pre-wired the home for security cameras, they enclosed the network cables in junction boxes. I've been searching for something that could attach to it so that the camera can go over the box. Trying to achieve a clean install.

Does such a thing exist? Or is there some way else I am supposed to go about mounting these?

Thanks for the help! You all rock! :headbang:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Bought a new construction and when they pre-wired the home for security cameras, they enclosed the network cables in junction boxes. I've been searching for something that could attach to it so that the camera can go over the box. Trying to achieve a clean install.

Does such a thing exist? Or is there some way else I am supposed to go about mounting these?

Thanks for the help! You all rock! :headbang:
What kind of cameras are you looking to install? Post some pics of the boxes

omyliver

n3wb
Reaction score

Attachments

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Read the wiki and cliff notes before you purchase any cameras. Do it once and do it right! :) You can also remove those covers and install actual camera junction boxes over the opening in place of just the cover, or just mount the camera over the opening itself.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow, why would anyone stuff wires like that, lol that's a big hole. Though, it will be easy to fish wires now. @TonyR 's advice is spot-on. Glad that Dahua thought this through.