Intel Hd 4600 driver issue

Reaction score
For those who are using a computer with blue iris that has built in Intel Hd 4600 video , which driver version are you using?

Im having a problem with drivers or Blue Iris not properly handling hardware decoding

I've updated to the latest and greatest driver off of Intel's site and when I turn on hardware decoding on each camera they all comes back with no signal.

If i revert to an old driver (the original dell driver) and turn hardware encoding on, it works and the cpu usage is down to 30% but the top portion of all the cameras come up funky.

Dont know what to do anyone have a solution?

Reaction score
Tried it on Windows 10 , now on Windows 7 both x64

Blue Iris ver 4.4.4.0

Intel hd driver 15.40.28.4.501

And yes running Blue Iris as service.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman I know your the dev for Blue Iris would you be interested in logging in via teamviewer and checking this out?
For the record I am not the developer. I have no connection to blue iris or the developer other than I use the software in many locations.
You cannot run as a service and use hardware acceleration in windows 7. I dont know if that will ever be fixed. Not sure why it was not working in 10. Try a clean install of 10.

Reaction score
Ill be dammed that fixed it, I guess ill have blue iris auto start instead of running as a servie.

You are the man!

Oddly enough the reason why i also went away from win 10 is becuase I was having a wierd issue not being able to open up recordings.

I was using BVR, disabled defended, excluded the blue iris folders and still could not playback files.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ill be dammed that fixed it, I guess ill have blue iris auto start instead of running as a servie.

You are the man!

Oddly enough the reason why i also went away from win 10 is becuase I was having a wierd issue not being able to open up recordings.

I was using BVR, disabled defended, excluded the blue iris folders and still could not playback files.
Great. Did you do a clean install of 10 when you were testing? I have upgraded all my BI systems to 10 and dont have playback issues,,,

Reaction score
yes, It was working fine for 3+ months then suddenly it just stopped playing back files, My wife noticed it first on the android app then when I went onto the server I also could not play anything back locally.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, It was working fine for 3+ months then suddenly it just stopped playing back files, My wife noticed it first on the android app then when I went onto the server I also could not play anything back locally.
hmmmm. no idea....dont think its related to 10, but who knows...