Interior Cameras

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All
I am in the process of building a new house and I need some recommendations on interior cameras , I need to monitor these cameras from the US, my new house is going to be in Mexico, In my house here in the US I have Dahua cameras and they all are outside of the house.
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards. Chewie

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a few of the Amcrest PTZ for interior viewing. I like them very much. Not to pricey and resolution is acceptable (meaning good enough to turn over to police for identification if needed).

What if you have a water leak? Do you have a way to turn the water of remotely? Water sensors? Water damage can get expensive. I use HomeSeer for all that.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a few of the Amcrest PTZ for interior viewing. I like them very much. Not to pricey and resolution is acceptable (meaning good enough to turn over to police for identification if needed).
I have a couple running as well. one in my office and one i my boiler room. so far so good. work with Amcrest View Pro App and other Apps.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Guys I had some of these Amcrest cameras in the past, they were not PTZ camaras and they had a problem with temperature, they kept of resetting themselves, so I junk them, do you have any issues like these? regarding leaks, the houses in Mexico are made out of cement blocks and the roofing is also different, but the thing that worries me is the wiring, if a cable goes bad I am SOL.
but let me take a look at these Amcrest cameras.
I appreciate your comments gentleman.
Regards.
Chewie

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.......I had some of these Amcrest cameras in the past, they were not PTZ camaras and they had a problem with temperature, they kept of resetting themselves,
The IP2M-841's are PT/digital zoom. I've installed 8 in 4 years and had one failure since then. I have one on front porch out of the weather watching for deliveries and it has operated reliably for 3 years. It's 24 degrees F out there right now and the summers have been in the low 90's and there's been no problems.
If it operates OK for only 4 years and craps out I can live with that ($1 USD per month) because this Alabama lightning is so fierce it'll destroy a $150 camera as quickly as a $50 one....it isn't prejudiced. :blankstare:

IP2M-841 ==>> here.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Tony
Thanks for the recommendation, i checked the reviews at amazon and of course there was some complainers, I like the idea of connecting the camera to ethernet or wifi, watch some videos on youtube and is not bad for interiors, I ordered one so I can set it in my garage and see if I can monitor it from 1300 miles away, I am not sure if these other 2 gentleman that commented have the same cameras, one question, how are you powering this camera? are you using the power adapter that come with it?
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All
I am in the process of building a new house and I need some recommendations on interior cameras , I need to monitor these cameras from the US, my new house is going to be in Mexico, In my house here in the US I have Dahua cameras and they all are outside of the house.
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards. Chewie
Hi @chewie

What is the current stage of building the new house?

In general, getting the cabling up good enough as well as managing the build of the house is more critical at this stage than finding exact models of cameras.

If you want, some have shared their build out plans here and looked for feed back on suggested camera placement ..

You can also view the install pictures for inspiration here:

Reaction score
for positions, I placed my interior cameras as follows:
back corner facing front door foyer. so that if anyone breaks in, I can catch the foyer + living room space. Of course, this also means any....evening activities could also be caught on camera so make an account with Girls Gone Wild for any uploads you may have for us! :)
I also do the same for back sliding patio door. Lastly, #3 interior camera is at the top of the 1st floor <> 2nd floor stairwell.
Of course, I have 3 cameras in my garage but that doubles as my wood working shop.
Really, you just need interior cameras to catch the 5'-6' height upon entry points, but also a lower angle. Hence, far away cameras with zoom capabilities would be ideal 5442 varifocal comes to mind.
I have my lowest quality cameras (4231's?) with 2.8mm fov for inside because they are my hand-me-downs. I figure, with all the outdoor cameras, I'll catch those faces long before someone tries to break in.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All
The house in the first stage, we have made the first plans for dimensions of the house, the next stage is going to be the wiring, I already know where the external cameras are going to placed, it will cover all the entries to the house maybe a doorbell camera, I don't know which brand of doorbell camera, I read here that Dahua is going to release their doorbell camera, I am open for recommendations on doorbell cameras without a subscription.
Thanks for all your comments.
Regards.
Chewie

Reaction score
Hello All
The house in the first stage, we have made the first plans for dimensions of the house, the next stage is going to be the wiring, I already know where the external cameras are going to placed, it will cover all the entries to the house maybe a doorbell camera, I don't know which brand of doorbell camera, I read here that Dahua is going to release their doorbell camera, I am open for recommendations on doorbell cameras without a subscription.
Thanks for all your comments.
Regards.
Chewie
Dahua VTO/VTH villa intercom kit. It is more than a button press & camera. Can have remotes inside your house (workshop, upstairs, etc) to see & answer who's out there. It is more spendier than your $32 lighter-sized doorbell though.