Intermittent 'NO VIDEO'

vj_v1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 7208HGHI-SH Hikvision DVR. There are a couple of Turbo HD cameras connected to it. Model: DS-2CE56CIT-IR.

The problem is that i often keep getting the "NO Video" message on the display. It is very irregular, Sometimes both cams have the same problem, sometimes 1 works fine the other has a problem and vice versa.

I am ruling out a DVR issue since it affects different cam each time and a reboot of the DVR does not bring back the cams to life. And since both cams don't display intermittently, i am not sure if it is a cam issue that affects both of them.

The solution to the problem is i have to power down the cams (the power supply unit) and switch it back on for them to come back to life. When they come back up sometimes i see a compressed display (half the screen) for one of the cams or both. So i have to power cycle again and again until both cams are displaying properly only to face the same problem the next day or in the next couple of days.

Any ideas what the problem is?

VJ

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like inadequate power to the cameras... possibly bad video cables as well...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, how come it works for 3 days and then suddenly stops working if it's a power supply issue. Do you suggest i try a different power supply. Currently using a 60 Watt power supply => https://www.flipkart.com/zebronics-cctv-power-grand-60-watts-psu/p/itmee2gkwyfvbfjv

how do i test a bad video cable. Almost impossible to change cabling now since it was laid in concealed ducts.
Take the camera down...bench test it...use a short premade cable...and short power run..

vj_v1

n3wb
Reaction score
I decided to replace the power supply unit for the cams and give this a try. Positive results so far, 4 days since i replaced the power supply and the cameras haven't dies so far. Will keep an eye and update. For now, i am thankful that the concealed cables i got laid aren't the actually problem, would be almost impossible to change the cables at this point.