Internet Explorer Time Out

Chris J LaBoda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyway to prevent Internet Explorer from timing out?

Using Windows 10 and a Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KSE2.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
If you are logged into your NVR with IE, It might be the opposite issue, Your NVR should have a auto log out setting, try setting it to zero. That should keep it connected. If this is not the issue, more info about your setup and network would be helpful.

log.JPG

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My "Auto Logout" is set to 0, and I still have to log back in after an extended period.
The data (videos, etc.) continues to appear until I try to change something. Then I have to log back in.

RodeoGeorge

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
My "Auto Logout" is set to 0, and I still have to log back in after an extended period.
The data (videos, etc.) continues to appear until I try to change something. Then I have to log back in.

RodeoGeorge
So the "Viewing" stays running but if you need to make a change it will require you to log back in to make any administrative change?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Still timing out after setting Auto Logout to 0.
[/QUOTE
Can you post a pic of the screen shot of the time out error, AND have you tried running SmartPss and see if it times out through that.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
The auto logout feature might not work through IE and just work on your NVR directly, not sure, I have a older NVR and it works fine but its a security issue through IE and Dahua may have done this by design. Other here have reported it works and a few not, could be different firmware versions.

Last edited: