Introductions and Outdoor POE Camera recommendations request

occasional

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm an occasional viewer on this forum (i heard about it over at slick deals), and am now ready to take the plunge on a home security system. I'd much appreciate recommendations on cameras and such (see below)

Server side:

I will be using BlueIris Professional (got from walmart.com deal a couple weeks ago) on Windows 7 desktop that I built with ample disk storage + ssd. I am looking for recommendations on how to keep X days worth of video recordings. I am using a UPS power supply for my cable-modem, router, and desktop.

Wiring: I've got cat6 cables set up for 4 outdoor cameras, connected to a TP-LINK TL-SF1008P POE switch that delivers 53 watts. All my cameras will need to be POE and outdoor, IR, Day/Night, 2 channel

Camera Clients: I need

A. One dome camera (outdoor front porch ceiling): preferably with 2-way audio

I'm considering DS-2DF7286-AEL Network Speed Dome.. but don't know if it has 2-way audio but i'd really like that, since this is the front porch of the house.

B. One bullet camera (outdoor side of the house): mounted at 12 feet above the ground, with a 25 feet focal point. This part of the house does have a motion detector light which will be well below the camera.

I'm considering Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 3MP 8mm OUTDOOR HD DWDR IR Bullet Network IP Camera POE

C. TWO bullet camera (rear deck of the house): mounted at 9 feet above deck, with 15 ft focal point. No motion detector lighting here, so i needIR

I'm considering Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 3MP 4mm OUTDOOR HD DWDR IR Bullet Network IP Camera POE

I appreciate feedback/suggestions/flames :)/..

Happy New Year folks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The DS-2DF7286-AEL does have two way audio, but you have to supply your own mic and powered speaker...That is a huge ptz, you might consider a standard dome camera (not ptz)...like 2732-IS (also need your own mic and speaker)
Unless you are going to focus the 2032 at a specific object the 8mm may be to narrow..also i do not believe that 8mm is an option from hikvision its either 6mm or 12...you can always do your own lens swap.
Also consider the 2332 turret instead of the bullets...

occasional

n3wb
Reaction score
The DS-2DF7286-AEL does have two way audio, but you have to supply your own mic and powered speaker...That is a huge ptz, you might consider a standard dome camera (not ptz)...like 2732-IS (also need your own mic and speaker)
Unless you are going to focus the 2032 at a specific object the 8mm may be to narrow..also i do not believe that 8mm is an option from hikvision its either 6mm or 12...you can always do your own lens swap.
Also consider the 2332 turret instead of the bullets...

I don't know how many ways to thank you fenderman! Much appreciated!!

1. I didn't know about the 2332 turret instead of the bullets: i'll look it up. Thanks!
2. I really don't like the idea of supplying a "powered" speaker for audio.. the thing is likely to get unwieldy. Any other vendor with builtin 2 way audio with POE, outdoor, dome? I'm not just limited to hikvision, since i'm using my own server side storage and not going with their NVR.
3. About the 8mm being narrow: that's the side of the house and there's a fence door around 20 ft from the camera that i was hoping to focus on.
Say, I do see Hikvision as having an 8mm lens option: e.g. @Amazon but i think you may have a point about 8mm being too narrow./

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think mobotix has an outdoor cam with built in speaker...Another thing to consider is using an indoor camera which will be fine if its not exposed directly to the rain/snow..grandstream and vivotech may also have some..but you will pay dearly for them...Check out this thread where @bigbadw used a 2732 with a powered speaker and mic..... http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?1949-Help-with-Sound-on-Hikvision-DS-2CD2732F-I(S)-camera&highlight=microphone
If you dont mind an indoor cam that is not vandal resistant the 2432 cube has a built in mic and speaker as well as a pir sensor @dalepa has a post somewhere with a sample at his front door.
If you really want to be sure about the focal length you can use a varifocal like the 2632 or 2732 (manual varifocal)....Also our site vendor nellys has a motorized varifocal from dahua for 200..both bullet and dome (note the dome is two axis not three). Check out their post in the vendor section.