Intrusion Detection not working

John_Hey

n3wb
Reaction score
Changed from motion detection to intrusion due to so many false recording for cloud shadow.
I setup region (allowed only one)
Threshold: 1
sensitivity: 50
percentage:50

but camera does not detect anything (not recording) even when a car is passing in driveway.
what can be problem? I read somewhere that motion detection should be enabled in order for intrusion detection to work,is that true?
firmware: V5.2.0 build 140721

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the object entering the defined intrusion zone exceed 50% of the zone area?
I usually have the % value down at 5-10%, though it does depend on the area that you are covering.
  1. Set the time threshold, detection sensitivity and object percentage for intrusion detection.
  2. Threshold: Range [0-10]s, the threshold for the time of the object loitering in the region. If you set the value as 0, alarm is triggered immediately after the object entering the region.
Sensitivity: Range [1-100]. The value of the sensitivity defines the size of the object which can trigger the alarm. When the sensitivity is high, a very small object can trigger the alarm.
Percentage: Range [1-100]. Percentage defines the ratio of the in-region part of the object which can trigger the alarm. For example, if the percentage is set as 50%, when the object enters the region and occupies half of the whole region, the alarm is triggered.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use:

Day - minimum motion detection set using ivms4200. ivms allows you to select individual squares. Sensitivity 20%. It varies from day to day but on average i get 80% genuine activations. I will be trying to use expert motion again but all previous attempts have ended in failure.

Night:
Line Crossing A-B sensitivity 75%
Intrusion i set up as a line similar to line crossing, threshold 1, sensitivity 75, percentage 2.

The % of genuine alarms is always governed by the weather but i ain't gonna give up trying to get it right!

John_Hey

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks to all responses
my area is sort of rectangle garage.JPG12x5 feet , around 60 SQF
I changed the percentage to 5 and sensitivity to 50%, now it is much better.
My post record is 5 seconds so after someone enters the area only records 5 second before and 5 seconds after. this will skip the persons's activity in area.
in motion detection it keeps recording as long as it senses a motion.
is there a work around for intrusion to do the same, or I have to increase the post record?