iOS App w/ Blueiris - Choppy Clipping Sounds Constantly

tuffcalc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

BlueIris works amazing when using the windows desktop app or the Ui2 webserver interface (... and the normal webserver interface, but I don't use it much after discovering Ui2).

The problem is we try to connect to Blueiris through our iOS devices using the app. Everything works - but sound is unbelievably choppy (stuttering like) to the point it is impossible to watch with sound and it just comes out as a garbled mess.

The blueiris server and network in question are very robust (i4790 chip, 32GB ram, SSD HD) as is the network (internet is FTTH 150mbps / 50mbps, LAN is on a Cisco SG300 and pfsense router, wireless over Cisco WLC 5508 and Cisco Aironet 3700 access points).

I've been having this issue for literally years. I feel like I've tried to adjust every lever and am finally thinking of switching (tried both Xprotect and Synology Surveillance station and both push video/audio without issue to my iOS devices via wifi).

I really want to stay with BlueIris as I know it well, but need to get this sorted out. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can clear this up?

Thanks in advance for any help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
tuffcalc have you updated both the ios and server to the latest release? Flac audio compression is now supported and may help. Also try using a different codec in the camera....Audio from dahua and hikvision cameras come through just fine on my systems....(even running older versions of BI)

tuffcalc

n3wb
Reaction score
tuffcalc have you updated both the ios and server to the latest release? Flac audio compression is now supported and may help. Also try using a different codec in the camera....Audio from dahua and hikvision cameras come through just fine on my systems....(even running older versions of BI)
I'm using Mobotix (G711) and Axis (AAC) cameras exclusively. I'm on the newest version of each. Have had this issue since forever. Will try emailing the developer and see if he has any insight.