IOS Camera App

byee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I currently have the DLINK DCS5010L camera installed but the 640 x 480 resolution SUCKS. However, the software to access the camera for my iPhone is great.

The DLINK camera is connect to my home network is connected to mydlink.com. The DLINK IOS app connect to mydlink.com which allows me to see the video.

I though ISPY was free but need to pay a subscription fee to access the camera outside my home network.

I was considering the FOSCAM IP cameras because of the remote access software but now considering the HIKVISION based on fenderman's advice!

Any suggestions on IOS app which will allow me to view the IP cameras on my home network - any IP camera?

Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont even consider foscams :)... you mention Ispy...if you are looking for NVR software blue iris is a great option, you will need an adequate cpu if you will be using high resolution cameras. Blue iris is 60 and has a remote viewing app available for 10 dollars...no monthly fees or anything..
If you just want remote access to view the cams..as suggested by bp2008, ipcamviewer by robert chou is a great choice.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an unbranded DVR that was purchased 6 years ago, I tried Ipcam lite and no go, the DVR had port 6036 by default but I changed it to port 9000 and forwarded 9000 on the router. Info on the system says eDVR for brand. Do you see a problem with the port forwarding or is ipcam viewer not compatible with these generics. Any other good apps to try? TY