IOS push notifications

TimK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Need a little help. Running latest version of BI, IOS and IOS BI mobile. Trying to get the push notifications to work properly but having an issue with 1 of 2 phones... basically 1 gets them, the other does not. I have them configured the same (different tags though) and can see in the log that the push worked for the device that got the notification, but nothing is logged for the other phone. I tried deleting the device, removing specific tags from alert page (all should get them, correct?) and am running out of ideas.

Reaction score
Be aware...IOS (and Android) push notification relies on not just your own network and device, but IOS push notification service itself (which is out of your control) which is handled in the cloud.
Review-IP Villa Outdoor Doorbell Station & Indoor Monitor Kit
middle of the page shows how IOS push notification works. Maybe this will help with your troubleshooting.
*** scratch this idea. I was assuming you are using the GDMSS app, but you are using the Blue Iris app. I have this as well. Have not researched how Blue Iris handles push notifications yet. Does the app use push notification services by Google/iOS? Or does it do it independently somehow...dunno's.

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like you've done what should do it on the BI side.

I assume that you've done but check that enable notifications is checked in the setup for the phone in BI.

Shouldn't be the notifications setup on the non-working phone since you should see some attempt in the log I'd think.

Have you tried with only the non-working phone either named in the alert page and/or with the working phone removed? What happens then?

Last edited:

TimK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
tried everything I could think of.. deleted both devices, added back only the offending device and same thing. no push sent, with or without a tag. The "test" alert function returns "test completed"

very odd.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
How about completely deleting the app on the non-working phone starting over there. I'd think that if it registers the device ID it should be good but maybe something with how that got setup to begin with.

Beyond that :idk:

TimK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
removed BI mobile, hard reboot phone, reinstalled... still no dice. Changed the name of device from a 3 word name to 1 word (the one that works is "iphone", other was "my name iphone"), no change. BI will send SMS to other phone so IDK what s up.

TimK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
tried 3 more devices, 2 no go, 1 works fine.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Odd. All running the same IOS and app version?