IP Address question - can't remotely login to blue iris

FXS

n3wb
Reaction score
The Lan ip address for the blue iris web server is 192.168.1.79 which is the same as my ethernet adapter.

The port the BI Web server is 81 and it shows open on port checker, but I can't get BI to open remotely.

Do you think the IP address is my problem? I deleted the ethernet adaptor hoping that when I restarted it would assign a different IP address but it did not.

Can someone tell me how to change the IP address of the BI web server. I can't figure it out.

Thanks

Frank Scanlan

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..you need to use your external ip address....in google type in what is my ip addres....then you need to add :81 to the end of it so if its 143.234.2.343 you would use 143.234.2.343:81
The local ip of the web browser will always be the same are your PC. So in your case 192.168.1.79:81
Make sure to port forward port 81 on your router...if you need help with that let us know

FXS

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks - I do have port 81 forwarded -- it shows open on port checker. I've been using the BI App for my android phone. it has the correct ip address for both.

Can you suggest something else to try or to look check to see if my settings are correct?

Frank

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
are you entering the external ip followed by the port number?
Also when you are testing this, make sure you are not connected to your local wifi.

FXS

n3wb
Reaction score
the external ip with the port is in BI android login screen

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you connected to your network when you are testing? If some routers, particularity modem router combos have issues with nat loopback...test it when you are on your cellular network.
Also post images of your port forward settings as well as your blue iris webserver tab (block the portion with your external ip address)

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok few things...

can you log in while you are connected to your network?

let's say your IP locally is 192.168.1.79 (and that should be the only thing ending in .79 on your network)

now in webserver settings make sure you activate a port. Let's do 5050 (go to settings > web server > check the box for "Enable HTTP server on port" put 5050 here

now under that you should see your LAN access which should read
192.168.1.79:5050

go to your internet browser from a computer or phone that is connected to the same network and paste that address and port number in (like "192.168.1.79:5050")

let's see if you can even connect from within your network. if you can do that, we can troubleshoot external

FXS

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. it is working now; I'm not sure, but I think the problem may have been that I was still using the default logon.