Ip address

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi I had to power down my system today for a little while. When I started it again the cameras were all offline
I reset my modem and restarted and the cameras came back up. I could not connect via the app however and noticed that the ip address of my host machine had changed. I changed the ip in the app and it came up. My question is why did the ip change and I think there is a way I can set it back to the ip it had but cannot remember how. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I had to power down my system today for a little while. When I started it again the cameras were all offline
I reset my modem and restarted and the cameras came back up. I could not connect via the app however and noticed that the ip address of my host machine had changed. I changed the ip in the app and it came up. My question is why did the ip change and I think there is a way I can set it back to the ip it had but cannot remember how. Thanks
If you mean the local lan ip address of the machine changed, then the easiest way to do this is to use your routers dhcp reservation to reserve that ip for the system.

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, did it just reassign the ip through the router since I powered down everything?

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The cameras did not change but that is a good suggestion. Why do you think those stayed the same. I though there was a way to change the ip for the host machine in bi

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The cameras did not change but that is a good suggestion. Why do you think those stayed the same. I though there was a way to change the ip for the host machine in bi
The cameras may have been set with a static ip...
BI cannot set the ip of the pc, that is determined by the router and OS.

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so if those are static then is there any need to reserve those or can I just leave them as just reserve the host

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so if those are static then is there any need to reserve those or can I just leave them as just reserve the host
If the static address is outside the dhcp range then they will be ok. If they are within the dhcp range then you should reserve them to ensure that the router will never assign that ip address to another device.