IP Adress conflict ?

Reaction score
Hi, i have got a problem with my cameras. I have 3 cams, all of them have ip adress 192.168.1.xyz . They are wired (connected) to SWITCH. From switch goes wire to Router 1 with ip 192.168.1.1 and from this router 1 goes wire to PC and to NVR. PC is getting ip adress automaticly and NVR has 192.168.1.x. Everything is on the same LAN. When i ping from PC any camera through cmd it always says "destination host unreachable" but all pockets are received.

There is another Router 2 (modem) which is connected with SWITCH but this Router 2 has IP adress 192.168.0.x . Thing is, the internet connection is working, all devices (except cams) what are on the same LAN are visible to each other but NVR and PC can not recognize (find) IP cameras.

Have you got any ideas how to solve it ? Thank you

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you got any ideas how to solve it ? Thank you
Remind yourself why you have 2 routers such that they are supporting 2 different IP address ranges such that devices on one range do not communicate with devices on the other range.
It is best to configure devices such as cameras and NVRs with their own, fixed, IP address, then you know exactly where they are on the network.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In order to ping your cameras the pc must be on the same network (either 192.168.1 or .2) to match the camera subnet.

Which router has the internet connection?. Disable dhcp on the other. As mentioned you should not have 2 routers.