IP câmera Internet service provider

steinhorst

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have an ISP internet service provider and I want to implement a service for the subscriber, monitoring by IP cameras where each user accesses their camera through a login and password. Does anyone have any idea how I can deploy this with a docker? or zoneminder with an API, the idea is to store in a private cloud for the user to have access from anywhere.
if someone knows how to do it and wants to share.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have an ISP internet service provider and I want to implement a service for the subscriber, monitoring by IP cameras where each user accesses their camera through a login and password. Does anyone have any idea how I can deploy this with a docker? or zoneminder with an API, the idea is to store in a private cloud for the user to have access from anywhere.
If you have to ask, you should not be doing this for anyone.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's kind of funny to read this. So essentially what we have here is: "I have an idea for a company but no idea how to do it. Is anyone willing to share for free, information on how to do it so I can make my own company and make a bunch of money?"

Hopefully the OP can clarify differently. If the question really is as I just stated, I would answer yes there is a lot of people here who know how to do this. Is the OP willing to hire people for this?

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello Steinhorst! I have a friend whose daughter is a missionary in Brazil. We are so blessed in the US that we sometimes forget that others are trying to make do without our infrastructure. The little things that are so available here, she has to work for. I can understand where one with an internet connection sublets to others and thus becomes the ISP. I assume that the "private cloud " is just a network share (your hard drive). If there are no network professionals available or funds are not there, you need to do the legwork. I am one that Fenderman was referring to above so cannot be an adequate resource. I wish you luck!

Reaction score
It's kind of funny to read this. So essentially what we have here is: "I have an idea for a company but no idea how to do it. Is anyone willing to share for free, information on how to do it so I can make my own company and make a bunch of money?"
I'm sure that all he has to do is send polite emails to Amazon, Google, and Wyze, and they'll be glad to provide their source code to him. :)

steinhorst

n3wb
Reaction score
The idea of the question was, "if anyone has any idea where I can start" I'm not asking for a code, or asking someone to do it for free. :p

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @steinhorst

There's a lot of complexity to doing that well, thus why many of us will discourage those who do not have the skills and time to go down that long road. Just too many insecure setups.

Normally most here are not providing security camera cloud services, so we have little info readily available on that.

Of the information we do have, which you want to know well before you go this route is the VPN notes in the wiki. Perhaps check that and see that you're comfortable with those concepts. ( which I hope you are ).

Last edited:

steinhorst

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @steinhorst

There's a lot of complexity to doing that well, thus why many of us will discourage those who do not have the skills and time to good down that long road. Just too many insecure setups.

Normally most here are not providing security camera cloud services, so we have little info readily available on that.

Of the information we do have, which you want to know well before you go this route is the VPN notes in the wiki. Perhaps check that and see that you're comfortable with those concepts. ( which I hope you are ).

It will really be very difficult, but nothing that some in-depth research and money spent on programmers will not solve. Thank you.
:)

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The idea of the question was, "if anyone has any idea where I can start" I'm not asking for a code, or asking someone to do it for free. :p
It will really be very difficult, but nothing that some in-depth research and money spent on programmers will not solve. Thank you.
:)
Well, that just confirmed my initial post. Future CEO material! Has a great idea, no idea how to do it or how it works, but willing to spend money on others to do it EXCEPT for the free consultation he's asked for here.

steinhorst

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, that just confirmed my initial post. Future CEO material! Has a great idea, no idea how to do it or how it works, but willing to spend money on others to do it EXCEPT for the free consultation he's asked for here.
I am willing to spend money if, I have no idea how to do it, I thought they could give me a light, but it is easier to criticize than to help by what I saw here. :p

Reaction score
I am willing to spend money if, I have no idea how to do it, I thought they could give me a light, but it is easier to criticize than to help by what I saw here. :p
Okay, I'll be serious in this reply. The reason why everyone is being critical or sarcastic is because you were asking what you thought was a simple question, but which has a very complex and difficult answer.

Suppose you saw a post like this: "I own a factory, but I'm interested in manufacturing automobiles. Can someone tell me how to build an automobile?"

You see? It's a simple question, but it's not the kind of question that anyone can reasonably answer. By asking that question, all you would be doing is showing everyone that you have no idea what you are talking about.

As @fenderman put it: "If you have to ask, you should not be doing this for anyone." Until you learn enough to know the right kinds of questions to ask, you will just be wasting your money trying to create and run a cloud camera recording business.