IP Cam - Auto Tracking Issue

deano

n3wb
Reaction score
I am hoping someone can shed light on the following problem I am having with a HD IP camera:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/JsPNCjA
I recently bought this camera - mainly for auto tracking, in addition to the HD quality. The camera itself is fine but the auto tracking and interface software is hopeless. The vendor is disinterested and makes up excuses and remotely accessed the unit and couldn't get it to work. Of course the manuals are non-existent, so hopefully someone here can shed some light on what is happening - and indeed, if there is a solution.
The auto tracking feature is engaged by calling a "preset" number 89. This seems to engage the feature as it twitches a bit sometimes, then when it detects someone walking by it bizarrely goes in the opposite direction that the person is moving! After that it goes randomly around before returning to its base position. Driving me crazy!
I am not sure if this is a firmware or software issue. The OSD menu options are rudimentary but I have set them it to accept movement tracking, yet it doesn't do even a basic track of the subject.
The company also refuses to give me the management software advertised on the website and I have a dispute running with them to resolve the issues related to misleading conduct.
See the short youtube clip here: Hoping for clarity from experts here.
TIA
Deano

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@deano Welcome to the forum..if you just purchased it, leave them negative feedback and open a complaint with ali and your credit card company...see if you can return it...
Most likely there is no solution to your issue...it seems like the camera moves in the opposite direction that it should be...maybe it thinks its mounted in a different position..there may be a setting somewhere...
The screen shots in the listing show hikvision firmware..or at least something that looks like it..maybe they are using hikvision components...see if you can find a manual of some sort..
Honestly you are probably better off with 2-3 fixed camera than the ptz....

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First off, I feel a need to say this, you get what you pay for. Second, can you post a snapshot of the menu for the auto tracking? Do you just say enable? Or are there options to choose from? I had
one auto tracking camera and it wasn't as easy as just saying, go ahead and track. You had to set rules for it to work. Here's a video of the one I had.

deano

n3wb
Reaction score
@deano Welcome to the forum..if you just purchased it, leave them negative feedback and open a complaint with ali and your credit card company...see if you can return it...
Most likely there is no solution to your issue...it seems like the camera moves in the opposite direction that it should be...maybe it thinks its mounted in a different position..there may be a setting somewhere...
The screen shots in the listing show hikvision firmware..or at least something that looks like it..maybe they are using hikvision components...see if you can find a manual of some sort..
Honestly you are probably better off with 2-3 fixed camera than the ptz....
Thanks for the welcome and the feedback fenderman - yes, I will be leaving them negative feedback for sure. The company is just in denial and insist that because there was movement when auto tracking was invoked that it is somehow "working fine". Their refusal to give me the interface software advertised as coming with the camera is also pretty deceptive as without that it is almost impossible to set up the camera anyway. When I change a setting in the interface software, everything defaults to Chinese! The camera though is excellent - picture quality and build quality wise so there is no problem there. I will post the OSD menu in the next post to give an idea of what is available, but my setup is as follows:(1) - enable settings for auto tracking in OSD menu, set parameters for zoom, etc. (nothing for direction though), (2) enabled alarm/movement detection and set area to "watch , (3) tried various combinations of (#2) to see if that made a difference, (4) did factory reset, reboot, cut power and started again several times, and lastly, adjusted the sensitivity of the tracking feature. /Deano

Last edited by a moderator:

deano

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Vector18 - thanks for the comments. See notes in previous post for approach and steps followed to set up the tracking feature. Your tracking is excellent - I would be very happy to have that smoothness and accuracy, but think realistically that I will, at best, have to accept far less a standard. OSD menu screens and interface software pics to follow - have some trouble uploading images so will switch browsers.

Update - pics attached

Attachments

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is that tracking scene set ?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"The most cheap...."

You got exactly what you paid for, the first words three words in the product page are enough to tell its complete junk.

If it worked it'd of cost you 4x the price you paid, hope it still works okay as a PTZ Camera...

Vector's Auto tracking PTZ had a ton of settings that had to be figured out and setup before it Tracked anything; it also cost many times what you paid.

deano

n3wb
Reaction score
I wasn't really looking for the tired old "you get what you pay for" song.... not helpful.
So nobody knows how to configure the PTZ - which BTW works very well as a PTZ, but tracks in the wrong direction, that's all.
It may require a firmware upgrade but I will try and work it out myself.