IP Cam constantly going offline.

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a DS-2CD2655FWD-IZS 5MP which keeps going offline, although the com lights on the NVR port still flash. I have tried a different port with no change. I'm wondering if there is something in my settings that needs to be changed? I'm using a DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR. And the network cable is only 25m. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had thought that could be a possibility, but it's a fairly new run and was working fine with a D-Link camera on it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had thought that could be a possibility, but it's a fairly new run and was working fine with a D-Link camera on it.
did your terminate your own cable? did you use the 568B standard?

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure what the standard is as I bought pre terminated cables. All I know is they are cat6

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a camera where the port wouldn’t hold the cat6 cable properly. It would lose connection constanty. Under warranty, LTS gave me a whole new camera

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well this is interesting. Plugged the old D-Link camera back in on the inside of the house. The Hikvision camera hasn't dropped out for 2 days now. Not sure if unplugging the D-Link somehow confused the nvr