IP-Cam Liveview over Internet

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
put the VPN on a different subnet from your LAN, the router will do what it does.. route

DL2ROY

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

ok great that worked. i'm able to connect to my vpn. but now, do i have to change the static-ip's of the cam's to to one of the subnet, or how does this work???

and how may i connect to my cam's over the vpn? now i can connect with thd openvpn app and after this, what should i do??

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what? no, just connect to your cameras with there internal IP address just like your at home on the wifi, dont change anything... dont matter ur on another subnet when your on VPN your router will route your traffic between your LAN and the VPN, thats how it works.

DL2ROY

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok.

So i connect to the VPN and than? I take my ipcam app an connect like at home? or what should i do?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes, put your brain down for a moment and just do it.. not sure you even know what direction is up anymore.

DL2ROY

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah it really worked. thx...

Yes thinking about and worrying about at this time was not the best idea, after a long day on work...

It seems to work and it's really cool. Thank you very much for this. I already cleared the portmapping settings...

But now my second Problem has not been discussed at all :p
What may I do, to stream the IP-CAM (positioned on the 3D-Printer) on my Homepage?

DL2ROY

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I thought more something like a player for my homepage, who connects to the cam liveview.
I looked on youtube, but i couldn't find something to stream... Ustream i have to have a look on it later on

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ive streamed my cameras to Youtube live many times with ffmpeg and there's other apps capable of doing it too.. I'm checking out ManyCam right now for doing future live stream reviews with.

the video stream coming out of the camera is not a browser friendly stream; hence the requirement of plugins.. if you want to stream it on your webpage using the browser w/out requiring visitors to install external apps your best choice is to use a live video streaming service and tie in your security camera feed as a source using an intermediate piece of software.. either that or run your own RTMP Video Streaming server that can feed html5 browsers natively on your website.

DL2ROY

n3wb
Reaction score
hmmm... ok.

But the Idea was to stream directly from the camera, so without an Computer/server between... I think for youtube, i need to take the videostream from the camery on my pc and stream it from my pc with a app to youtube. Or how do you mean this??

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
hmmm... ok.

But the Idea was to stream directly from the camera, so without an Computer/server between... I think for youtube, i need to take the videostream from the camery on my pc and stream it from my pc with a app to youtube. Or how do you mean this??
No matter what the steam is going through another device, in pretty sure you can't telnet into the camera and run ffmpeg or something but I could be wrong so no matter what you're gonna to have to pull the stream into something and then send it back out

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No matter what the steam is going through another device, in pretty sure you can't telnet into the camera and run ffmpeg or something but I could be wrong so no matter what you're gonna to have to pull the stream into something and then send it back out
actually you probably can, just pull the rtsp off the loopback device and passthrough w/out re-encoding..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hmmm... ok.

Well your idea was flawed because your going to need an an app/software of some sort to put your cameras on your website for your visitors.. you bought security cameras, not webcameras.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Well your idea was flawed because your going to need an an app/software of some sort to put your cameras on your website for your visitors.. you bought security cameras, not webcameras.
^^^^ that's pretty much what I was saying lol.