IP Cam Talk Custom Community DeepStack Model

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just uploaded General V2.1 model in the first post. I was able to get better results then V2.0. Originally when I started training V2.1 I was going to run the training 300 cycles but the training crashed after 77 cycles and I couldn't restart the training to complete the 300 cycles. During the 300 cycle training I noticed that the model was maxing out on its accuracy so I only did 100 cycles of training for V2.1

Last edited:

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just uploaded General V2.1 model. I was able to get better results then V2.0. Original when I started training V2.1 I was going to run the training 300 cycles but the training crashed after 77 cycles and I couldn't restart the training to complete the 300 cycles. During the 300 cycle training I noticed that the model was maxing out on its accuracy so I only did 100 cycles of training for V2.1
Does “General” cover what your combined and your dark did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I switched to V2.1 yesterday evening and it is detecting quite well, too well though t times. I've had some false positives identifying a squirrel as a person this morning. Not a big deal by any means, just a little annoying when the "hockey horn" goes off for someone in the back yard and it's a tree rat with four legs, not two. ;)

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I switched to V2.1 yesterday evening and it is detecting quite well, too well though t times. I've had some false positives identifying a squirrel as a person this morning. Not a big deal by any means, just a little annoying when the "hockey horn" goes off for someone in the back yard and it's a tree rat with four legs, not two. ;)
Thanks for the update. I also sometimes get false positives on cats. Below is one from last night. I thought adding cat and dog to the model might help the false positives
1654270025266.png

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I know whacha mean. Time to crank up the minimum requirement higher but 80% is pretty high.
1654269770372.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've also been getting mailboxes identified as people again. That was common with the built-in model, objects, but went away with combined. A quick addition of a privacy screen in the camera cured it though. I'm just surprised that they get identified at all because they never move and should show as occupied if recognized. That's in color, too, but not in B&W which is another head scratcher.

aadje93

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So if i understand correctly, i use general V2.1 model i need to put

bicycle,bus,car,cat,dog,motorcycle,person,truck in the "to confirm"

and put objects:0,general in the custom models row and uncheck "use default object detection"?

aadje93

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correct

If you uncheck "use default object detection" you don't need objects:0 just general
thanks, i got V2.1 general installed now, seems to be working. Altough not as fast as i would like. Would you suggest using main stream or just sub stream data on high model (Nvidia P2000 deepstack gpu windows bi machine)