IP Cam Viewer (IPCV) configuration with Blue Iris 4

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When one choose BI as a camera/NVR in IPCV, there are currently three model choices; BlueIris, BlueIris V3, and BlueIris V3 (H264).

When BI was still V3, I found that selecting the middle option (BlueIris V3) worked. It allowed access to all of the channels, and more importantly, it would relay the audio feed from each camera as well.

With BI4, IPCV only works with the original BlueIris option (V3 or V3 H264 do not). However, when selecting that as the model, the audio streams are disabled.

Has anyone figured out how to configure the IPCV camera settings to enable audio stream?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When one choose BI as a camera/NVR in IPCV, there are currently three model choices; BlueIris, BlueIris V3, and BlueIris V3 (H264).

When BI was still V3, I found that selecting the middle option (BlueIris V3) worked. It allowed access to all of the channels, and more importantly, it would relay the audio feed from each camera as well.

With BI4, IPCV only works with the original BlueIris option (V3 or V3 H264 do not). However, when selecting that as the model, the audio streams are disabled.

Has anyone figured out how to configure the IPCV camera settings to enable audio stream?
This may be related to 64 bit..i would email ipcamviewer support and see if he can fix it..

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've sent a detailed description of this phenomenon to Robert Chou - the developer of IPCV. In fact, I'd started that pretty early on when V4 first arrived. Back then, Robert asked that I create a temporary user account for him on my BI server so he could do some diagnostics. But, with V4 being woefully unstable (in the early days), I abandoned the issue and returned to V3.

Now that V4 is rock solid (for me since .11), I've restarted this troubleshooting with Robert today.

I just figured I'd throw this out there in parallel, to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue, and whether they have discovered a workaround.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tested it and the audio works for me with the BIV3 option..this was with a lawview camera that is a hikvision 2432 clone...oddly when i tired it with my laptops webcam feeding to BI it does not work despite being able to play the audio via blue iris console...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When I use anything other than "BlueIris" as the model in IPCV, it won't log in at all - I get "invalid username/password" error when I click "Test" - and "Camera / Feed not available" if I save it and return to the camera view.

Are you running 64 bit on the BI server?

And tell me more about the lawview camera, please. Do you have a model number?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sounds like a steal. Looks like the normal price is right up there with the 2432. Missed the boat.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah its not worth it now...actually its still on "sale" as they normally charge 199 for it.....