IP Camera for new App

JoeGlimpse

n3wb
Reaction score
I have started a new app that involves using ip cameras at multiple locations. The backend is setup where all I need to do is input the cameras IP Address. But the problem I have been facing with cameras like Foscam and Amcrest is that the IP addresses are password protected so when the app tries to open the IP Address it doesn't work. So I am looking for a good Wireless IP camera with Nightvision/ 720p and strong wifi connection that I will be able to easily use the IP Address without it having a security setting to stop the viewing. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have started a new app that involves using ip cameras at multiple locations. The backend is setup where all I need to do is input the cameras IP Address. But the problem I have been facing with cameras like Foscam and Amcrest is that the IP addresses are password protected so when the app tries to open the IP Address it doesn't work. So I am looking for a good Wireless IP camera with Nightvision/ 720p and strong wifi connection that I will be able to easily use the IP Address without it having a security setting to stop the viewing. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
why are you reinventing the wheel? there are many apps that do this...further note that your solution is not secure and will result in the cameras being hacked as well as the network...

JoeGlimpse

n3wb
Reaction score
why are you reinventing the wheel? there are many apps that do this...further note that your solution is not secure and will result in the cameras being hacked as well as the network...
The focus is not to be a IP camera viewer, it is meant for the nightlife crowed to be able to view public locations like bars/restaurants. This is just the one piece of the app that I have been struggling with.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The focus is not to be a IP camera viewer, it is meant for the nightlife crowed to be able to view public locations like bars/restaurants. This is just the one piece of the app that I have been struggling with.
Forget it... If you can't figure out basic Authentication then you shouldn't be writing this app... Even if you did figure out the basic Authentication unless you set up proper VPN you are subjecting those establishments to serious security vulnerabilities

JoeGlimpse

n3wb
Reaction score
Forget it... If you can't figure out basic Authentication then you shouldn't be writing this app... Even if you did figure out the basic Authentication unless you set up proper VPN you are subjecting those establishments to serious security vulnerabilities
I'm just trying to find the right camera for the job. I have a developer doing the rest.